Aurora HDR 2019 New Engine and Differences between Mac and Windows

Comments

5 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Jacques! 
    You are right, the new algorithms are applied to any picture, nevertheless, you can always adjust the final result with all the filters.

Regarding differences between the Mac and Windows versions, there are only minor ones. Which differences, in particular, are you referring to? 

Comment actions Permalink
    Jacques Demers

Hi Anastasia, concerning the algorithms I know I can modify the filters, it was just a suggestion that maybe you could give the users the option of not having the software do the process.
    Concerning the differences for example the Top and Bottom horizontal shift does not work and its been like this for a while, you cannot duplicate a layer or a filter. Options like those that I can see when I watch videos made on a Mac. I must say though that the options included in Aurora 2019 are much better than one year ago and I hope you will soon provide updates for Windows. Thank you Jacques

Dmytro Boyko

@Jacques, I'll forward this request to our technical department, we've received quite a lot of requests to make Tone-Mapping an optional feature. Regarding the Top and Bottom filter, I can confirm that we are going to change this one in Aurora HDR 2019 for Windows quite soon.

Nico Brauch

I have watched some tutorials for Aurora 2019 on YouTube. During these videos I saw the very helpful function / button "Set Orientation" at the filter "Adjustible Gradient". I´m using a Windows PC. The filter is there but the button is missing. Is this feature Mac only?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Nico! You are right, at the moment there is no Set Orientation button on Windows. We will do our best to bring both versions to parity in the nearest future.

Please sign in to leave a comment.