Aurora HDR 2019 not working on windows 8.1 Pro

Comments

19 comments

Vivek Bannore

Windows Event information along with WER files have been emailed to the support team.

The crash seems to be happening due to incompatibility on the .NET framework.

Comment actions Permalink
    Vivek Bannore

OpenGL driver is 4.4

Denis Kotsee

Please ensure you have the optimal versions of Microsoft libraries installed.

If you get a message that Visual C++ is already installed, choose Repair and proceed. You might also have a newer version of NET Framework already installed, in this case, simply skip the NET Framework installation.

If the above doesn't help, try updating your graphics drivers. Make sure to fully uninstall your current graphics drivers before proceeding:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages 

Automatically update NVIDIA Graphics Drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

After you have updated your GPU drivers from the manufacturer’s website, make sure you set your discrete adapter to run Aurora HDR 2019 by default (usually this concerns laptops). Refer to your graphics card's manufacturer's website if you need help with that.

We usually reply within 24 hours but due to the surge of incoming mail after the launch it might take a bit longer.

Vivek Bannore

Thank you for replying but are these normal requirements for your HDR software to work ?

Seems excessive and why isn't this an FAQ if there are so many requirements ?

All I see on your website [https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/tutorials/2019/system-requirements-for-mac-os-and-windows] is the following

Aurora HDR 2019 Windows

• Windows®️-based PC with mouse or similar input device
    • Open GL 3.3 or later compatible Graphics Cards
    • Processor Intel®️ Core™️ i5 or better
    • Memory 8 Gb RAM or more
    • Microsoft Windows®️ 7, Windows®️ 8.1, Windows®️ 10 (only x64-bit OS)
    • Hard disk 2 Gb free space, SSD for best performance
    • Display 1280x768 resolution or better
    • You can check your system specifications by opening Settings and clicking About

Vivek Bannore

followed your instructions and still crashing.

How soon can I have a resolution ?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Vivek,

I'm sorry that the suggestions that Denis recommended didn't resolve the issue. 

Could you please check if there's anything in the event log?

• Cause the issue to occur.
    • Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    • Click Application in the directory tree. 
    • In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    • Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    • Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    • Name the file, save it, and either link to it in your pots, or paste the contents directly.

Please email the event log(s) to support@skylum.com and reference this thread. Thanks in advance!

Vivek Bannore

Hi Angela

All these files had already been emailed to the support email id yesterday. 

See my second post in this thread - 

Windows Event information along with WER files have been emailed to the support team.

The crash seems to be happening due to incompatibility on the .NET framework.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for sending in the info. My apologies for not scrolling up far enough in the thread. One of our techs will be in touch as soon as possible via email.

Vivek Bannore

Thank you. 

I hope the issue gets resolved else it will be quite disappointing. 

K.G. Wuensch

Guys, if you are really mixing components (as in DLL and .EXE) some compiled with Visual Studio 2013 and some with Visual Studio 2015 (as suggested by your request to install both runtimes) then you are asking for trouble, as internal structures of the .NET framework have changed and the components are partially incompatible. The initialization and structure sizes aren‘t a match which inevitably results in memory corruptions. That means that the problems are home brewed and your whole development process is seriously screwed up and you will have a lot of crashes incoming which are unfixable without fully committing to either of the two build platforms! 

http://siomsystems.com/mixing-visual-studio-versions/

Vivek Bannore

Skylum team

Can I have an update please ?

This is quite ridiculous that your launch day software has not even worked a single time.

Do you have a solution or not ?

Vivek Bannore

Haha just noticed Skylum sent me a customer service survey for a case they are yet to resolve.

When will I have a solution Skylum ?
    Please provide an estimated date.

All diagnostics have been provided via email to your support team.

Dmytro Boyko

@Vivek - We apologize for the inconveniences. Our technical department has to look into the issue first. As Denis said we usually reply within 24 hours, but now it might take longer. Our customer support agents will get in touch with you and we'll do our best to resolve this problem via email as soon as we can.

Vivek Bannore

Also, FYI - if I go to uninstall the software - it gives me the option to uninstall or repair.

If I click repair - it doesn't repair but says "Installation Canceled" 

Angela Andrieux

@Vivek - Please be sure to pass on that information to your tech representative via email. Thank you!

Vivek Bannore

have done so Angela. 

Unfortunately your support team suggested me something which Denis had already suggested here and has not resolved anything. 

I'm going to allow for troubleshooting for another 5 days else I'm giving up on your software and going to stuckincustoms.com for a refund. Its become a wastage of time for me. 

I would rather go back to Photomatix Pro which works straight away after installation instead of spending countless hours running diagnostics and troubleshooting to get Aurora 2019 working. 

Maybe your developers need to still work on getting this working across all the different Windows systems and not be so susceptible to .NET framework, various C++ libraries etc. 

For me personally, your software has not lived upto the hype that was created before the launch of Aurora 2019. 

Dmytro Boyko

@Vivek Bannore, could you please attach a link to this Forum thread to one of your emails? Since we don't have your personal email, it's hard to find your ticket in our system. I'm sure this can speed up the whole troubleshooting process. 

Vivek Bannore

@Daniel - The link to this post was also provided in my email to your support team on 8 Oct. 

I have emailed it again. 

If you search your ticketing system using my name - 13 of my emails are sure to pop up :)

Vivek Bannore

For the sake of completeness - 

Skylum has not been able to resolve this issue and honestly I was fed up/frustrated troubleshooting a brand new software.

A week was given for them to resolve the problem. 

I have received a full refund.

Thank you. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.