Cameras Supported by Aurora HDR 2019

Pinned Answered

Comments

49 comments

chris Sargent

Is the FUJI X-T3 not supported? - I am using X-T3 RAW files and the generated HDR is horrendous. There is a strong cyan color cast. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Chris,

The Fuji X-T3 raw flies are not yet supported but we are working on it and will add support soon.

In the meantime, you can use the Adobe DNG Converter (free) to convert your Fuji raw files into DNG files, which can then be used by Aurora HDR 2019. 

Shane Dias

Hi,

Any idea when the X-T3 raw files will be supported? Thanks Shane

Angela Andrieux

Hi Shane,

I know that our developers are working on it, but I don't have a release date for that update yet.

David Ward

When are the Canon EOS R and RP going to be supported?
    Having to go through DNG conversion is a non-starter for workflow efficiency.

Dmytro B.

Hi David, we don't have an ETA on that, I'm afraid. However, we're aware of this problem and we'll try to support the CR3 format as soon as we can. 

Dick Van wie

Let me add a vote for supporting the Nikon Z6. Luminar seems to like it... 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Dick! Thanks for paying attention to Nikon Z6. We will work on it.

Dick Van wie

Still Waiting.

The Nikon Z6 was introduced almost a year ago. Still no indication when you'll support it in Aurora. Any progress? Any target? Is it even on the list? All I've seen is a generic "we'll work on it" more than 3 months ago.

I don't have a lot of hope, given your decision to leave Luminar 3 in such sad shape as you move on to 4. Do you have enough people to do more than 1 thing at a time?

Jim West

I also can no longer use Aurora 2019 as I just bought the z6. While Luminar 3 does support the z6, it is missing so many basic functions that I finally got so frustrated I switched to ON1 RAW.

I continued to use Aurora until I changed cameras last month. Can you understand how my frustrate level grew even more when I realized that I cannot use it either. If Skylum can add the z6 RAW processing ability to Luminar 3, why was it not also added to Aurora? 

Better yet why doesn’t Skylum combine Aurora and Luminar into one new program with all the functionality found in ON1 RAW?? That would be a fantastic piece of software. But until that happens I will not be paying for any more updates for Luminar or Aurora.

Terry Rogers

Hi Jim! We are sorry for your frustrating experience, but thank you for your great suggestions, we will pass them on to our developers who will consider your idea for our future releases. We really appreciated your help making our software better.

chris Sargent

One year on from this post and Fuji STILL not supported. I think a refund is in order!

Timothy Popielski

Just downloaded the trial before upgrading from 2018 to 2019 and it appears that even though Luminar supports the X-T3 and GFX 50r Aurora still does not?  The post from 11 months ago states that at least the X-T3 would be supported "soon".  I figured they would use the same RAW engine... Glad I tried the trial before purchasing the upgrade.

I get that you have a limited number of developers as Skylum is a smaller company, but they seem to be more focused on AI features that photographers don't absolutely need, instead of supporting cameras which we absolutely do need to be able to use the product.

Boris VOLCK

Yes !

I'm waiting about months for an update of Aurora HDR for my Fuji X-T3...

Is there any chance to use this app soon ? DNG converter is not a solution for professionnal photographer or even any photographer.

I lost my money buying your apps. AI features are not useful for photographer... Or they prefer to use Mac Photos !

We, customers, need to have updates for new camera, updates for bugs ! No ridiculous AI features...

WTF AI sky replacement ? Don't need that ! We need Aurora to support a camera RAW released 2 years ago !!!

When will you support the Canon EOS R?

Roy Blackwell

@Member, support for the .cr3 RAW file format has been added to Luminar 4 so hopefully Skylum adds this support to Aurora HDR in the near future. Skylum really needs to step up their game and implement updates at a more frequent pace, even if only small incremental updates. I would rather have six small updates a year vice one to three large updates.

Yes, it works fine with Luminar 4. Thank you for the answer. cr3 was released in 2018. Not updating seems lazy - or greedy if they release it only in an upgrade.

Maurizio Loreti

Add my request for the support of CR3 files.  PLEASE!

William Flynn

Let me add my dismay over the fact that FUJI Raw files (RAF) from my X-T3 are essentially unusable when converted to HDR by Aurora 2019. Converting an entire photo-shoot worth of Raw files to DNG, so that I can create HDR images is a total waste of time (but necessary if I want proper color rendition). I'll be upgrading to the Fuji X-T4 in April when released and that will make the third Fujifilm camera with no proper Raw support. Any chance you might help the Fuji community anytime soon?

Elena Blum

Hi William,

You're right - Aurora HDR 2019 is not compatible with Fujifilm X-T3 at the moment. At this time, we're mainly focused on developing our main product Luminar, therefore, there's no precise ETA for the next supported cameras update in Aurora. Nevertheless, once we have any news regarding that, we'll definitely let you know. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Aurora). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

If you have any further questions, please, let us know.

chris Sargent

I'm afraid I've given up waiting for the update and will update my blog articles to remove the recommendation for Aurora for Fuji Users.

Bo Hjortstrand

Aurora 2019 does not support the Fuji X-Ts above X-T1, Canon EOS R or any of the Nikon Z (Z50,Z6,Z7) and almost any new camera system relesased for the past year, that means that the product haven't been updated to support new cameras even when it was a fairly new product.

So Skylum is that your policy? you develop and sell a new product, then you don't update the product to support the camera systems that are released all the time! Some of the above camera systems is more than 1 1/2 years old and there are no support for them in a product that you still promote and sell on your web site and store.

I also notice that you actually released a update to Aurora 2019 1.0.0 (6432) with support for Luminar 4 and new Adobe products among other things, so you are developing and updating the product, but just not listening to your paying customers and their needs, which is support for the new cameras we buy and expect to use with the current products we buy from you.

Please announce now if you are going to support any of the mentioned camera systems and if so, when. I think you owe your paying customers to do so!

Thx.

Maurizio Loreti

The usual answers from Skylum are "we don't know" and "convert your files to DNG with Adobe software". I too think that paying customers should get better answers, but I am afraid we will not see ANY answer from Skylum. Looking for HDR software that supports RAW CR3 files from Canon R, I have tried Digital Photo Professional, easyHDR, HDRtist and Photomatix Pro; maybe I will stick with one of these products in the future. Probably DPP (from Canon): that behaves well, and is free for Canon owners

chris Sargent

It is disappointing that Skylum continues to ignore these issues. There was an interview on TWIP recently with the Skylum CEO and he implied that focus is on Luminar and that in time the features of Aurora (e.g. HDR) would be added to Luminar. 

Link: https://thisweekinphoto.com/changing-reality-with-skylum-ceo-alex-tsepko/

I would hope that Luminar would be supported in a timely and professional manner and that full support for new cameras would be maintained. I have been a loyal customer and advocate of these products for years and feel let down by the current situation with Aurora. I was refused a refund even though the software is not fit for purpose for me (or a high number of photographers)

Helga Egilsdottir

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for sharing all your feedback. The thing is we mainly focus now on Luminar 4 and do our best to release updates from time to time adding more cameras to support and new features.

Indeed, there is no ETA when CR3 files will be supported, since we do not have any specific timeline for now. Thank you for all your patience. 

chris Sargent

Can you confirm whether the HDR features of Aurora will be added to Luminar (e.g. Luminar 5) - This seems to makes sense given the effective tabling of Aurora. 

If this is the case it might be a nice gesture to give owners of Aurora a free upgrade to Luminar 5... 

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Chris Sargent,

We sent you the message regarding your refund request via e-mail. Sorry to hear that Aurora did not meet your requirements. We will make sure to keep working on it. Cheers!

chris Sargent

Thank you Helga, appreciated. 

I payed quite some money for the software - so in a way you guys are using that payment to „focus on Luminar 4“? This is unacceptable as an „excuse“. I would also love to be refunded.

Bo Hjortstrand

The "We focus on Luminar" is not a answer to our questions, at least not an acceptable answer. We all have pay'ed money for this product that Skylum still sell and promote on their website.
    The only fair thing to do is to give customers a refund or a free update to a coming new product that replace Aurora, as we can't use this product anymore.

Please sign in to leave a comment.