Current Version/Release Notes for Aurora HDR 2019 (Mac)

Pinned Featured

Comments

7 comments

Thomas Mohr

Hi there,

I am wrong or are all the previous presets from Aurora 2018 not compatible with 2019!?

Thanks, Denis

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

Presets from Aurora HDR 2018 are compatible with version 2019. However, they may work slightly differently due to the changes in the underlying technology.

If you are running into issues with A19 reading the A18 presets, please email us at support@skylum.com with your computer specs and we'll look into it. (Click on Apple Logo in the top left corner of your screen, select About This Mac > make a screenshot (Command+Shift+3) and send it to us.)

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Mohr

Hi Angela,

thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to follow the instructions for the implementation of the presets but the current Aurora 2018 presets are not even recognised as such from the 2019 version. I have deinstalled the 2018 version and immediately they could not be assigned to any application.

This is my current MacPro setup:

Cheers.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

Please try this process:

Launch Aurora HDR 2018 and go to File > Show Presets Folder

Launch Aurora HDR 2019 and click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks.. for single presets and File > Import Aurora HDR Looks Pack.. for preset packs and then point the file browser to the location of the A18 preset you located in step one.

Please note that your presets from Aurora HDR 2018 may produce slightly different results in Aurora HDR 2019 due to the the new AI-powered tone mapping technology.

Thomas Mohr

Hi Angela,

as stated in the mail above, I have already deinstalled the Aurora 2018 version, because I did not to waste my HD capacity. Therefore I cannot execute the procedure you kindly described. 

Preset import routine does not recognise the presets as you can see the picture above. I have already downloaded the presets from the Skylum page again but even that does not work with 2019 version, even if you follow the path set by the Aurora 2019.

Regards, Denis

Dann Lavery

Hi Angela,

Trying to install Noiseless CK 1.3.2 as a plugin to A19.  When I go to the PLUGINS drop down and click OTHER>Open Plugin, it takes me to the APPLICATIONS folder but all are greyed out.

For whatever reason Noiseless does such a great job on high ISO files, better than the in app denoise features.

Any help is appreciated.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dann,

Unfortunately, Aurora HDR 2019 does not support the CK apps as plugins. The CK apps are now considered legacy software and will not be updated in the future. As a workaround, I suggest exporting your image as a TIFF and then opening the TIFF in Noiseless.

Please sign in to leave a comment.