Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bennie,

Yes, you presets from Aurora HDR 2018 will work in version 2019. However, because we've made significant changes to the tone mapping engine, and some of the sliders have been updated, they may not produce the exact same results.

To move your presets, open Aurora HDR 2018 and go to File > Show Presets Folder

Then open up Aurora HDR 2019 and go to File > Show Looks Folder

You can then copy or move the preset from the folder for v2018 to v2019.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jerry Pirrung

I'm sorry to complain, but in the Aurora 2019 FAQ you have this question:

Can I import my Aurora HDR 2018 presets to Aurora HDR 2019?

Yes, you can. Simply click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks.. for single presets and File > Import Aurora HDR Looks Pack.. for preset packs and you will be able to access your Aurora HDR 2018 presets in Aurora HDR 2019. Please note that your presets from Aurora HDR 2018 may produce slightly different results in Aurora HDR 2019 due to the the new AI-powered tone mapping technology.

This seems to be the proper way to do it, but when I follow these instructions, all the presets are grayed out.  Will this work properly in the future?

Also, Do you use your method above to copy favorites over, too?
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Jerry! Are you on Mac or Windows? 

If you are on Windows, then the way Angela noted above should work. If you are on Mac, the method from the FAQ is the right one.

Could you send us a screenshot of the greyed out presets in Aurora HDR 2019? support@skylum.com 

Please make a reference to this post in your email.

Please sign in to leave a comment.