Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mark,

You can delete it if you wish, but if you had any custom or purchased presets in v2018 you'll want to copy (or move) them to Aurora HDR 2019 before you remove it.

Mark Barnes

Thanks Angela. Copying presets works fine. However there are presets in 2018 that don't show up in the presets folder: Basic, Realistic HDR, Indoor and Capt..Kimo. I sent a note to tech support but thought I'd see if you can help. If not I'll wait for tech support to respond. Thanks again!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mark,

Each version comes with a (mostly) unique set of built-in presets that are crafted for that specific version. Since there were several major changes 'under the hood' the ones that came with v2018 won't work in exactly the same manner in v2019 - which is why many of them were not brought over, and others were renamed.

Mark Barnes

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply!

Michael Anderson

Had Aurora since 2016 version.   New installation should automatically copy/move presets/looks between versions as part of installation.   Also the installation script should be ask if you want it to remove the previous version.   We should not have to use AppCleaner to remove the previous version.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

I agree that would be very useful. I will add it to our feature request list for the developers' future consideration.

Mark Barnes

Hi Angela....as a follow up.

I reached out to tech support and they sent instructions on how to import the presets from A18 that weren't showing up in A19. I was able to import all the presets that weren't coming over. Here's the instructions for anyone who might need them:

Follow the steps to install Looks:

Start Aurora.

• To import a .maupack file click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks Pack > point Aurora to a .maupack file and click Open.
    • To import a .maup file click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks  > point Aurora to a .maup file and click Open. You can import multiple .maup files by selecting more than one of them. If you're on Windows, simply place .maup files into a folder that opens after you click File > Show Aurora HDR 2019 Looks Folder.

To import presets from Aurora HDR 2018 to Aurora HDR 2019, follow these steps:

1. Launch Aurora HDR 2018, click File > Show Presets Folder.
    2. A folder will open. In the top bar click Go > Enclosing Folder. You will see folders for all presets that you have.
    3. Open the folders one by one and copy .maup files from them to a place on your computer that you can easily access. I recommend creating a folder on your Desktop and putting all .maup files there.
    4. Launch Aurora HDR 2019, click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks > navigate to the folder where you copied the .maup files, press CMD+A on your keyboard to select all files at once, and click Open.
    5. Open any image in Aurora HDR 2019, navigate to the user looks collection - all your presets from Aurora HDR 2018 should be available there.

Please note that when an Aurora HDR 2018 preset is converted to Aurora HDR 2019 Look it might appear a bit different in the 2019 version. This is normal behavior, since we have reworked the filters and added new features that were not present in the 2019 version.

Please sign in to leave a comment.