Comments

22 comments

Tomas Paier

I'm trying to open two different Pentax raw image types: a K100D-Super PEF and a K-S2 DNG. In both cases, Aurora 2019 on Win10 opens the dialog with preview, but after confirming, it says "Detecting Scene Type" for some seconds a then silently closes itself -- no error, no explanation, just closes/crashes with no dialog at all. Is it normal? What can I do? Luminar 2018 (as so as other programs) open these files with no issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Tomas,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Pentax raw images. We are happy to investigate this but need some additional info from you. Please send the following to support@skylum.com:

1. The original file(s) - You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link.

2. PC info

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it

Thanks in advance! Once we receive your files and PC info we'll take a look and respond via email.

Tomas Paier

Thank you, Angela. I have sent the mail.

Benjamin BENICHOU

WHEN AURORA 2019 SUPPORT FUJI XT3  RAW FILE ???? 

Kirk Osborn

The support of Fuji X-T3 RAW files will most likely be added in the next update for Aurora HDR 2019. Our developers are working around the clock right now to get this feature added as soon as possible.

Stay tuned and check for updates.

Chris Mockett

still waiting for fugi xt3 raw files for Aurora which you have been saying the same old song (next update)

Reino Shz

Also waiting for X-T3 support. There hasn't been a single update for Aurora HDR 2019 on windows so far...

Edit: Use DNG-Converter in the meantime. That's probably their excuse for not supporting most of the new RAW formats.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi!

We don't have any ETA for the update of Aurora HDR 2019.

I am sorry to say but we're currently focused on developing our main product - Luminar 3.

Still, if there's any news regarding the Aurora update, we'll let you know.

Reino Shz

There won't be an update until there is "great" Aurora HDR 2020. There has been NO (zero) update for Aurora 2019. That's a bummer... You simply just abandoned Aurora 2019 after cashing out.

Your main focus is Luminar 4 not 3. You constantly skip out on your existing customers. Best example is your Luminar 4 announcement on youtube. I understand that you have to sell things but Luminar 3 is still lacking in basics like performance and stability. 

Disappointed.

Benjamin BENICHOU

it's a shame. Very disappointed for your software support. Luminar 2018 it's a great product, Aurora 2019 it's a great product, unfortunatly you don't (want ?) time for support the Fuji XT3 and XT30 on this product. Luminar 3 it's a very buggy software and you announce Luminar 4 instead of fix Luminar 3. We don't want new AI feature, we (your customer) want a working product (L3) without crash to desktop for exemple and we want the XT3/XT30 support on Aurora 2019 not only on Aurora 2020. If possible add also the XT3 support on Luminar 2018, it's on Luminar 3 so the compatibility port it's not very difficult i guess.

Luca D'Addezio

What about Nikon Z6? I tried to create an HDR with the NEF files....impossible...any update please?

Anastasia Davis

Luca D'Addezio The support will be added in the next update. Nevertheless, we do not have info on the ETA.

Lucas, the support is already in there. I have a Nikon Z6 and have used it many times in HDR 2019.With both single a multiple images.

Check you NEF format in your camera. If it is not the following, change it and see if you can get it to work. 

NEF (RAW) compression -> Lossless Compression

bit depth set to 14-bit.

I'm confused on the comment about the support for Nikon Z6 is already there and want to clarify. 

I was told by someone from Skylum support this weekend that Nikon Z6 is not supported and provided a link to cameras and it is not listed.  I need software that will work to take bracketed exposures and make a HDR with NEF files from my Nikon Z6.  I have Luminar 4 which does not support this and do not want to buy Aurora HDR 2019 if this does not work.  

I can tell you that I have a Nikon Z6 (two of them actually) and I have had no issues using raw .NEF files from my Z6 with Aurora HDR 2019 in either single or multiple image HDR processing. I am not a Skylum support person and I cannot argue with what they told you. But, I have used it with my Nikon Z6's and I had no issues at all. None. Download a trial version and test it if you want to be sure.

Kirk Osborn

Luminar 4 supports Nikon Z6 RAW files, but Aurora HDR doesn't. We will add the support of this camera in the future updates for Aurora HDR 2019.

For now, you can work with JPEGs or convert the RAW files to DNG and process them in Aurora HDR 2019:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html 

Kirk, I am not sure what is so special about my version of Aurora HDR 2019, but I have been opening Z6 .NEF files for months without any issues. To prove the point, here is one I just ran thru Aurora. And here is also a Nikon Capture NX-D view of the .NEF file that Aurora HDR 2019 opened without ANY issues. 

Here is the exact .NEF file as viewed by Capture NX-D:

Let me put a zoomed in version of the important parts of the previous images...

Surprising to me that given how long Nikon Z6/7 have been out that this is not there.  Is there a timeframe to expect this to be supported in Aurora HDR 2019? 

I am trying to create HDRs out of bracketed exposure photos from NEF format.  My converting them to something else to see if that will work to make a HDR is not really how I want to spend time each time I want to do this, nor am I sure if this will work.   

I do see at least 1-2 others have this software working for Z6 NEF file formats.  While I could do a trial, I have to purchase to test this out.  Even if it may work, I don't like that the official position is this is not supported yet.  It causes me to wonder if there are limitations of some kind.  

Rafael Uemura

Please add support for my beloved FujiFilm X-A7!! 

Elena Blum

Hi - 

You're right - Aurora HDR 2019 is not compatible with Nikon Z6/7 and FujiFilm X-A7 at the moment. At this time, we're mainly focused on developing our main product Luminar, therefore, there's no precise ETA for the next Aurora update. Nevertheless, once we have any news regarding that, we'll definitely let you know. 

RANDY GENTRY

The one member is correct if you set your Nikon Z camera's NEF (RAW) recording to NEF (RAW) Compression ON and set it to Lossless compressed it will work in Auror HDR 2019.  If the camera is set to Uncompressed it will now work.  So, for some reason, if the compression is set to lossless it works. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.