Color management still not working in case you are wondering

Comments

41 comments

Kirk Osborn

Hi Lobbo,

Could you specify the OS you're using?

We'd also appreciate if you could send us the original files that you're working with and screenshots of the issue.

Here's how you can send us files:

•    Visit https://wetransfer.com/ 
    •    If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    •    Click Add your files.
    •    Select the file(s) on your computer.
    •    After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    •    In Send As select Link.
    •    Click Transfer.
    •    After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to us via this form: www.skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carl Cosby

Hello,

I started using Luminar 3 today and I am experiencing all the issues mentioned in this thread, ironically ever since calibrating my 4K screen just recently 😂

When will this issue be resolved please? It’s very frustrating to experience this problem, especially when it states in your Q&A that colour management has been implemented, when it hasn’t 😬

I do edits in LR, export to Luminar 3 which does a fantastic job at getting a desired look. I then export the image as a Pro Photo TIFF, which appears in LR, but looks washed out and desaturated..???

This never happened before calibrating my monitor 😂

Regards,
    Carl.

Robert Golub

The Luminar Flex version seems to work fine for me. The stand alone version never did. 

Darren Jones

So on hearing Luminar 4 is coming out, I thought I'd come back and see if this problem is fixed yet? But unable to find anything about it 10 months later. Support advised near a year ago it was going to be fixed.

Is it fixed?

I haven't used Luminar since purchased because of this problem.

Robert Golub

The Luminar Flex plugin for Lightroom is now working for me.

Maryna Skylum

Hi @Robert Golub

Great to hear everything is fine now!

@Darren Jones

We are ready to help you. Have you already contacted our Support Team?

If no, please, do so and send us the original image files and screenshots of the issue.

Here's how:

•    Visit https://wetransfer.com/ 
    •    If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    •    Click Add your files.
    •    Select the file(s) on your computer.
    •    After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    •    In Send As select Link.
    •    Click Transfer.
    •    After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to us via this form: www.skylum.com/support
    Carl Cosby

@darren jones,

Don’t bother following their instructions mate, I did it and they couldn’t respond with a remedy. All I got in return was: We have fixed the issue....

I thought after that, it I can’t be bothered! Just for the record, they’ve not fixed it and the app still doesn’t colour manage, regardless of what they say...  😂

Robert Golub

Carl, all I can tell you is that it never worked before for me, but it does now. Now, let me clarify that it’s only the flex plug in for Lightroom that works. The regular program when launched from Lightroom still has color issues. 

Wynand du Plessis

Dear Skylum

You have great software and it is getting better and better, but you are failing in one of the most basic aspects of photo editing:

Luminar for Windows does not display colours correctly. None of the versions up to know have done this correctly. Even though images viewed and edited in Luminar looks great inside the program, as soon as they are exported to print or to email or to view in any other professional software, the colours are not the same as displayed in Luminar (therefore other software display images much closer to the accepted industry standard).

This is the most basic of functions a photo editing program should have!!! WHY ARE YOU KEEP ON IGNORING THIS??? It is completely unnecessary!!!

Because of this ERROR (yes, this really is an error...), anyone that takes their photos seriously needs to view and correct it further in another programs like Photoshop, Lightroom or Topaz, etc, before printing or sharing.

Again, why are you ignoring this issue???? I really love to completely stop using Photoshop and only focus on using Luminar and Aurora, but this most basic of errors in your software prevents me (and all other serious users of your software...) from doing so.

An honest reply will be most welcome please.

Kind regards.
    Wynand du Plessis

Gajender Verma

So it looks like the issue is been on going from last 1 year and the short summary is - Luminar does not detect windows display color profile and over that the company thinks it is not an issue - disregarding all the experts comments here.

I am facing the issue on Luminar 3 with Dell XPS 15 laptop - image open with rich color in window photo app, while same image gets dull in color when Luminar opens it.

My color profile works well with window photo app - why Luminar does not see the same way. And most weird part is - the image in luminar shows correct color (same as window photo) - when you try to use Crop Tool in Lumnar. For that crop mode it show correct color and again revert back to dullness.

I am already in discussion with their support - so far solution is not working. Looks like something is wrong with the software itself and despite any changes you do in your laptop - is not going to fix it. I have started to giving up hope and planning to un install it - perhaps buy another software - money is gone anyway. : (

Please sign in to leave a comment.