spot removal, brush edge detection?

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dick,

Luminar does have both an Erase and Clone/Stamp tool (Aurora does not). You can find instructions for them here:

Mac: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/mac/removing-an-object
    Windows: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/windows/removing-an-object-

As for edge detection, we hope to implement this technology in the future, but for now our tools do not have edge detection.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Shrader

Edge detection is a significant gap that should be filled ASAP.

Eduardo Ayup

Edge detection and refine selection are a must have to any image editor.

Roger Salvesen

Agreed edge detection and refine selection are a must. However Im hoping they can use some of that AI magic as well to auto detect objects. I think a separate tool for each would be good.

Roger

Gary Hunt

I have said this for at least a year and it still hasn't been done.  I also use On1 Photo RAW(I consider a very strong competitor to Luminar) and Affinity Photo.   They both have it, Lightroom has it, Photoshop has it, etc.  I don't know if this is a complicated add on as I'm not a computer person but I would think when you have so many people asking for it why it hasn't been acted on yet. I love Luminars filters but until there is an edge detection tool or a way to achieve through other processes I will continue to use both On1 and Affinity as my primary editor programs

Gary Hunt

I have said this for at least a year and it still hasn't been done.  I also use On1 Photo RAW(I consider a very strong competitor to Luminar) and Affinity Photo.   They both have it, Lightroom has it, Photoshop has it, etc.  I don't know if this is a complicated add on as I'm not a computer person but I would think when you have so many people asking for it why it hasn't been acted on yet. I love Luminars filters but until there is an edge detection tool or a way to achieve through other processes I will continue to use both On1 and Affinity as my primary editor programs

Federico Lazzari

I also agree. Edge Detection and a better easier tool, please! (Erase does not seem to get it right unless really simple cases) I cannot replace Aperture with Luminar without that.

A feathering tool and a substractive function in both Erase and Clone & Stamp are quite missing, too.

Colin Grant

Decent Luminosity masking is also required along with colour range masking. Basically Luminar has no advanced masking attributes and the software had been around since 2017. It will be months, probably years if ever before we see them. Heavens the dam does not work yet!

Please sign in to leave a comment.