Support for Fuji X-T3

Comments

26 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

Support for the XT3 will be added in a future update, but I don't have a specific date for this release yet.

In the meantime, a workaround is to take your raw files and use the Adobe DNG converter (free) to convert your raw to DNG. You should then be able to access the full raw workflow.

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Helzle

Thanks Angela,

but it seems that even the latest DNG converter does not support the new file format (and I was actually advised by a Fujifilm-expert against using it, since it seems it doesn't fully keep the benefits of the X-Trans sensors pseudo-random pixel pattern).
    And I'd honestly rather cut my dependencies on Adobe completely to be honest...

Another problem with the DNG conversion is, that it will duplicate all the files. And since Luminar for PC does not allow me to just save the applied values and used filters in a tiny sidecar file or database, but also forces me to save another big file, this will get out of hand quickly.

So Capture One Fuji-Edition it is in the meantime, seems to be the only software already fully supporting the new sensor and having a proper database/sidecar workflow.
    Affinity Photo also shows the black bar, although it seems to handle the colours a tad better.
    Alien Skin Exposure X4 doesn't show the files at all, same as Lightroom CS6.

I hope you will be able to get Luminar to the level it deserves soon!

Cheers,

Tom

Thomas Helzle

Just in case somebody else is struggling with this:

There is a software called "Iridient X-Transformer" which can do a very good conversion to DNG for the files from the X-T3.
    It's very affordable and does a great job with the de-mosaicing.

No black bar and no funny colours - tack sharp...

https://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer.html

Cheers,

Tom

Hagen Schneider

Hello,

I also bought the X-T3 at the end of September and have currently no possibility to work with Luminar 2018 and the RAW-files of the camera.

Today you released the new update - but there is still no support for the X-T3... How long do I have to wait for it?

Kind regards,

Hagen

Angela Andrieux

Hi Hagen,

There was no new camera support added in this update, but we'll be introducing Luminar 3 (also known as Luminar 2019) next month as a free upgrade for all Luminar 2018 users and I'm hoping we'll have some new camera support added by then.

Hagen Schneider

Hello Angela,

Thanks for your quick reply. It sounds like I have to wait another month until I am able to work with my new camera and Luminar. My only possibility for developing the RAW files seems to be using the DNG RAW Converter.

Steffen Braun

Hallo Hagen, ich nutze derweil Capture One Express für Fuji, ist kostenlos, nicht so umfangreich wie Luminar, aber die X-T3 RAWs können bearbeitet werden.

Gruß Steffen

Hagen Schneider

Hallo Steffen,

danke für den Hinweis. Ich habe mir Capture One Express installiert. So richtig zufrieden bin ich damit noch nicht, allerdings ist der Workflow auch wieder ein ganz anderer.

So oder so, mangelt es mir aktuell an einer Alternative. Selbst der DNG-Konverter von Adobe bekommt keine zufriedenstellenden Ergebnisse hin.

Danke und Gruß, Hagen

Karoly Pados

Hello,

Can you please confirm if the Fuji X-T3 will be included among the new cameras in Luminar 3? I'm looking forward to buy a license now but of course only if it will support my camera.

Thanks,
    Karoly

Denis Kotsee

At the moment I can't confirm that Luminar 3 will support X-T3. I'd recommend waiting for the release.

David Leselidze

Adobe released DNG convertor v 11.0 for Fuji X-T3. Temporary solution but it works.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=6448&fileID=6472

Steffen Braun
    Something new to X-T3 support?
    Maryna Skylum

This camera will not be included into the initial launch of Luminar 3. Support for the X-T3 will be added in a future update.

Hagen Schneider

That's too bad. Fortunately, with Capture One Pro for Fuji, I found a very good alternative. Otherwise, I still could not develop pictures of the X-T3.

Luc Béliveau

It's not acceptable to wait so much time,  I stop using Luminar 2018 for now, I get On1 PhotoRaw 2019 wich works already with the XT3, Ligtroom too by the way, so if you want to grab more users from the competitors, you have to moove quickly. I hope using Luminar 3 and Aurora 2019 very soon with my XT3  if not...

Regards

Luc B

Thomas Helzle

Yeah, it's a real pity.

But at the same time, without the catalogue, Luminar can't become my main photo editor either. Neither do I want to open images one by one, nor do I want to resave their whole image data each time I make an edit or create what normally would be a virtual copy.

So as sad as I find it that it took so long to get this implemented, you never know what roadblocks you hit when developing software.

My main hope actually is, that the catalogue is done really well and can work with sidecar XML files instead of resaving the whole file. If that part is solid, I look forward a lot to have full support for the X-T3 next - until then, I'll continue to use the free Capture One 12 Fuji version for the base work and load the selected and pre-developed images into Luminar. Capture One doesn't convince me as an editor at all, but it's basic development is solid enough.

So let's hope the catalogue goes through well...

Cheers,

Tom

David Thompson

I am gutted this does not support the XT3. With the launch of this new software it would have been an ideal opportunity to update the list of supported cameras. I have waited ages as a Fuji shooter for this version as a possible way forward with my RAW processing and move from LR. probably have to wait another year now, come on Skylum, this is unacceptable. 

Really disappointed with this and will not be upgrading. C1 is the way to go. 

Karoly Pados

I do think this is very ignorant of Skylum. The X-T3 has been voted the best camera of 2018 by multiple sites and professional bloggers. Choosing not to support this camera for an extended time and only add support "maybe, sometime, who-knows-when in the future", is a missed opportunity and ignorance of market needs.

Warren Carey

I have now downloaded ON1 and Capture One Fuji Express for my XT3, I have had the camera since it first came out and both those programs updated support for the XT3 almost right away. If I like these programs I doubt I will bother with Luminar any further. It's very sad that a camera that is that popular and highly rated would not have been in the last update.

Douglas Carlyn

Agreed with the above, this is pretty bad. The other major photo software players came out with X-T3 compatibility right away so Skylum looks pretty bad here. I realize they are throwing a lot of resources to bootstrapping a whole new app but you have to keep up with the competition and meet the needs of users too. I'm going forward with Capture One for now.

Nicolas Venot

Great, more "to be released soon" statements from Skylum! I absolutely love how often we hear this, and how reliable they have proven themselves to not be able to deliver on their promises... I'm not holding my breath waiting for actual materialisations of promised changes in a period of time any one except Skylum would consider "soon". 

Helena Carter

Hello Everyone,

I am really sorry for the temporary inconveniences. I know how frustrating it is to hear some never ending promises. I've reached to our tech department and they told me that the support of Fuji XT3 RAW files will most likely be added in the update 3.1.0. at the end of January-beginning of February. We will definitely keep you posted, since your experience is a top priority for us. Please, check our roadmap to be aware of all upcoming features: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Thomas Helzle

Thanks Helena,

so let's hope that Luminar 3.1 will be usable, 3.0 is so bad, I can't use it at all.

I actually would prefer to have XT3 support in Luminar 2018, since that version at least works as expected, is stable and fast.

Keeping my fingers crossed here...

Cheers,

Tom

Helena Carter

@Thomas

We don't plan to release any updates for Luminar 2018, but the next update for Luminar 3 will fix some of the performance issues you've faced.

Thanks for your patience and trust!

Thomas Helzle

So we can only hope that at one point you finally get Luminar 3 off the ground. So far it's not even an Alpha version in my book and has problems so basic it's not even funny. Even with just a single image loaded it's unusably slow, the image database is broken completely and grinds along like something from the 90ies, even with just one image folder in a catalog. And some of the user interaction is totally demented - why would doubleclicking on an image I'm currently working on in the editor bring me back to the catalog? People coming from other software may do that a lot since often it's the zoom function there...

I normally am totally fine with using beta software, but Luminar 3 hasn't reached a state yet where a developer worth it's salt should even show it to anybody outside his cave, releasing it to your users is doing you as a company more harm than being late (again) would have done.

And things like a startup wizard you can't close or stop or an image import dialog that has no way to cancel it if it takes hours is - sorry - pure incompetence on the part of whoever thought that out.

Making things simple and accessible does not mean you treat your users like some idiots too stupid to decide if a process should run to it's bitter end or not. Not everybody is a pro maybe, but there are enough of those in your potential userbase (or what's left of it) to at least give them options, preferences, ways to cancel stuff, and easy ways to manage catalogs etc.

I hope you will reconsider to put XT3 support in Luminar 2018 in case Luminar 3.1 will again be rubbish.
    That way, people could at least use your awesome software instead of being in a deadlock between a great 2018 with no XT3 support and a totally broken L3.

Best of luck, I still hope one day this whole thing will become usable, L 2018 at least gives me hope, it's really good for what it does, even if without a catalog it's not able to give me a complete workflow.

Cheers,

Tom

Boris VOLCK

HI, 

I bought an X-T3 a month ago and try to develop HDR with 3 images ±3 stop in Aurora. Before, I worked with X-Pro 2. Everything was fine. Great HDR. 

But with the XT3 HDR, Aurora made a red colored image with light cyan blue sky !!! 

I red messages from 1 year ago above and I'm very surprised that nothing changed since this time. No update... no support ! 

Is there any solution about this issue ?

Aurora is useless with X-T3. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.