Aurora 2019 should be for free for users of the previous version!

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wynand du Plessis,

We've released several updates throughout the past year, all for free. In addition, we also release paid major version upgrades annually. What differentiates us from the subscription model is that your purchased software will continue to work, even if you choose not to upgrade. Furthermore, we will continue to support Aurora HDR 2018 to ensure its compatibility with new operating systems.

As for upgrade pricing - you can currently pre-order Aurora HDR 2019 for $49 USD (price may differ based on your region, VAT, etc.). New users can pre-order for $89 USD.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Comment actions Permalink

Wynand,

Unfortunately as in Luminar 3, Skylum prefer to cut and run.   We were promised great things for Luminar 3 which it failed to deliver.  Indeed it struggled to function at all for some time before patches arrived and it never delivered any sort of user functionality in its media library (its principle selling point over Luminar 2018).

When Luminar 3 failed to deliver Skylum merely moved over to Luminar 4 and demanded more money!  Also in less than 12 months!  

Does anyone see a pattern here.

regards

Ian

Victoria Grace

Hi Ian,

We can assure you that we will continue to support Luminar 3 along with Luminar 4 app. Be sure we're not abandoning our software. Recently, we've released an update to 3.2.0 which includes many fixes and some promised features. 

You can check what we're planning for the following updates here: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Thank you Victoria.

The link is useful, it is clear that Luminar 3 has a shorter list than Luminar 4 indicating that development is aimed at version 4.

I am afraid as a customer I occupy the moral high ground here for a number of reasons.  I do not want to be rude but I feel that if a product (Luminar 3) struggles to work for several months (and there is ample forum posts etc on this) and then Skylum within 12 months of launching Luminar 3 (in fact those few months of repeated installs and reloading of the media library took time and money and reduce those 12 months significantly) bring out a new version (Luminar 4) that it would be moral for Skylum to upgrade those Luminar 3 customers.  This did not happen.  Its a matter of morals and trust.

regards

Ian

Please sign in to leave a comment.