Comments

6 comments

Morten Erbs

No :-o

Comment actions Permalink
    Gary Cumiskey

I am definitely NOT upgrading and have given up on A18... and Luminar as well. Windows users have been treated like second class citizens... the parity that was promised so long ago never arrived and now they want me to buy a new version?  Sorry... no thanks.  Marketing to Win users is ultimately a ripoff and insult. If I could get the money I wasted on both programs refunded, I would in a heartbeat.  I've moved on the SNS-HDR Professional and it's soooo much better... built for Windows and with many more editing controls!  And the creator, Sebastian Nibisz, is super responsive. Try it... you will love it!

Jub De

They have a feature called TOP & BOTTOM ADJUSTMENT!!! How sure are they that these will work? It's almost a year now since I was chasing them about these feature. How could they release a '19 version when the '18 has issues that they cannot address.

Roy Blackwell

Pre-ordered my upgrade this morning. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

First Look video by Jim Nix:  https://youtu.be/BqMrcdEfi28

Mike Hardisty

@Gary Cumiskey

I was an early adopter of SNS way back when and I second your opinion. Sebastien is what Skylum should be. When he introduced version 2 of SNS, we the users, became the beta testers, but that was fine because we all knew that Sebastien was introducing version 2 as a free upgrade

A one man band, yes, but he had the foresight to set up the SNS forum when he first introduced SNS and it's through there that he promptly responds to user requests and problems.

Skylum could learn a lot from him, but instead we get "vaporware", or "coming soon",  and in one case they're response to someone having a problem was but a new MacBook.

Gary Cumiskey

@Mike Hardisty

I was an early adopter of SNS as well, and it's still my HDR program of first choice. I bought A18 based on their slick advertising... and on their promise of parity. Until full parity is achieved in A18, which I doubt will ever happen, I wouldn't consider purchasing A19 and even then it would have to at full parity with the Mac version from the get-go. Hopeful and doubtful concurrently...

Please sign in to leave a comment.