Top & Bottom Tuning gradient does not appear or is adjustable

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dick,

At this time there is a quirk with the Top & Bottom Tuning in the Windows version. You have to first move the Rotate slider (even just  + or - 1) and then the Horizontal shift will work. It will be fixed in a future update.

With regard to the differences - you can see the version comparison here: https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/versions. There are also a couple of small things like the issue with the Top & Bottom Tuning slider that you encountered, and I believe the Place Center button on the Vignette is also missing.

As for Aurora crashing on you - please send your PC info and crash reports to support@skylum.com so we can investigate. Here is the specific info we need:

PC INFO

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it

CRASH REPORT(S)

• Cause the issue to occur.
    • Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    • Click Application in the directory tree. 
    • In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    • Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    • Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    • Name the file, save it, and either link to it in your pots, or paste the contents directly.

Finally, can you provide us with a detailed description of the process that leads to the crash?

A numbered list of steps would be the most convenient. For example: 

1. Launch Luminar.

2. Load the file named X with an extension Y.

3. Apply Z filter.

4. Set S slider to U value.

5. etc. etc.

The more detailed the description is the quicker we'll be able to figure out what might be causing the issue. Also, if possible, it'd help if you could send us one of the files you are having this issue with. If the file is too large to upload you can use wetransfer.com and send us a shared for everyone link to support@skylum.com

Thank you in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Hardisty

@Dick Hoskins

As much as I like Jim and his excellent  tutorials all I can say is you will soon get very frustrated when you realise that he is working with a MAC and a lot of the things he can do you can't with the Windows version. 

"Will be fixed in a future update" seems to be a SKYLUM stock phrase. Windows users have been complaining about this and other things since the release of A2018 and that's all we hear "Will be fixed in a future update"

Wendy Lindberg

I have aurora 2018. I have a couple spots on my picture I need to get rid of. can I do that with aurora or do I need luminar?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wendy - Unfortunately, no. Aurora HDR 2018 does not have an erase tool. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.