Autora HDR 2019 samples given out to the media and on your site...

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi K.G. Wuensch - I see the image you're referring to on the DPreview site and while the processing may not be to everyone's taste I'm not seeing the dust spots unless I do some pixel-peeping. However, I'll let our team know and see if we can clean those up.

Can you send me the link to the post with the El Capitan photo and any others that you feel are poor examples? Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

@Angela, all the other examples are off your very own Aurora HDR 2019 promotion page you land on when clicking on the link in the promotion email you sent out. The El Capitan shot (it's one of those where you get to see the bracketed 3 shots, you click on it to get the HDR as created by Aurora) and the two big fat dust spots jump right out at anyone even at that small resolution. And of the three shots with a horizon line on that same page 2 have horizons that are off by 1-2° - it's not much but any half decent landscape photographer will notice that - because it's an absolute beginners error (not to correct that in post)...

K.G. Wuensch

Oh and there is no pixel peeping involved in seeing the dust spots in the dpreview promotional picture, only a properly calibrated monitor which is able to show differentiation in the highlights. A lot of people on dpreview already commented on the abundance of dust spots in that image too...

Nicole Young

FWIW, I have an article on my site about the new version and used my own photos for the examples :) 

https://nicolesyblog.com/2018/09/12/aurora-2019/

Please sign in to leave a comment.