Luminar could own the world if they added the program to the IOS 11/12 Platform

Comments

6 comments

Bob Williams

I agree - if Affinity can bring Affinity Photo to the iPad with minimal feature loss, I think Skylum can as well,

After you folks deploy Luminar with Libraries in DEC, this should be your next big project!

Comment actions Permalink
    Scott Hampton

I also believe an iOS version would give Skylum an upper hand. They would earn a tremendous amount of respect and customers/sales. I moved to an iPad Pro as my main computer and use Affinity Photo sparingly. It's like a Swiss Army knife in functionality but their handling of highlights leaves me unimpressed.

New iPad Pros are rumored to release soon and with the full version of Photoshop and Affinity Photo on the current iPad Pros I only hope Skylum and On1 follow suit.

Dan James

Now that the new iPad Pros are out and are clearly incredibly powerful machines, on par with all but the highest-end MacBook Pros, I'd love to see an iOS version of Luminar!

I mean, I can't afford a new iPad Pro, and it would probably run too slowly on my iPad Air 2, but it would still be great to see!

Scott Hampton

I held off purchasing my license to Luminar until the new iPads were announced because I was expecting to hear of a "surprise" iPad version that was holding up the DAM. Unfortunately not… I can't wait anymore.

Dan James

Well, the new features issue is fair enough and ditto for bug fixes. But on platform parity, my understanding (I'm not a developer, but I follow these things a bit) is that there is less of a difference between iOS and macOS than macOS and Windows, so I would wager it's easier to port it to iOS. Same language, same IDE, many of the same frameworks. Apple's even started to make overtures towards the idea of having cross-platform frameworks and APIs be the norm.

Colin Grant

We need no new high end developments, we need bug fixes and the basics like better masking before anything else.

Please sign in to leave a comment.