DAM luminar release date

Comments

8 comments

Margarita Ney

Exactly, another unfulfilled expectation from this company!  I wish I could get my money back!   Dealing with Skylum has been nothing but frustrating and extremely disappointing!  Luminar is still full of bugs and people are always needing to find workarounds wth the typical "our devs are aware and working on a solution" explanation.  Sick of it!

Comment actions Permalink
    Sergey Arustamov

Just bought Luminar 2018 licence and felt deceived. Someone told in nearby thread that DAM will be announce in September. But there are still only silence... Dear Skylum Team, what about your plans? Will we enjoy DAM in September or not?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Sergey,

I'm sorry that messaging was unclear. We posted an update about the DAM today (you can read it here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360022338711-September-DAM-Update). DAM will not be released in September, but we are committed to delivering it by the end of the year.

Sascha Schlachter

Why can you not learn to communicate efficiently?

There's no point in posting a release date of something so much awaited solely in a community post!

This is not professional!

Send a mail!

Ronald Orenstein

Let me be very specific. I am interested in Luminar for one reason and one reason only; as a replacement for Aperture. I have asked Skylum more than once if the promised DAM will import an Aperture referenced library with the heirarchical keyword structure intact. I have received no answer. I cannot believe that a product supposedly already in final beta testing is so little known to its developers that they cannot give me a simple yes or no answer as to whether this will be possible. I will not spend one penny on this product until I hear whether or not it has this feature. The company must know the answer – so how about providing it?

Sascha Schlachter

Enough. After going through a lot of posts here. I just asked to get a refund.

I have found an expensive but viable solution.

Denis Kotsee

To my knowledge there won't be functionality to import photo library from Aperture, at least, not in the initial release.

Matthieu Kopp

We (https://cyme.io) are a startup company working on some exciting tools for photographers.

We plan to release a first product in early 2019 to enable Aperture users to safely migrate their catalogs (with edits and organization structure) to other DAMs. We use machine learning to preserve the visual aspect of images accross programs.

We are currently investigating the feasibility of transfering to Luminar 3 (even if the Luminar DAM is really in its infancy). Visit our web page and drop us a line to stay updated ! 

Matthieu

https://cyme.io

Please sign in to leave a comment.