The problem with Luminar

Comments

9 comments

Rob Morice

Still waiting on the fix for correcting for lens type. Feeling disappointed. 

Comment actions Permalink
    jean Vidal

d'accord mais skylum sourd

Angela Andrieux

@Rob - Lens corrections in Luminar are done manually. Can you tell us a bit more about the issue you're having with Lens Correction? Do you already have an open support ticket or thread here in the forum about this issue?

Rob Morice

@Angela, I raised this 16 days ago and Denis Kotsee replied saying it would not be fixed until after DM was realised. When using lens correction it adds noise to the image when displayed @100%. 

As I stated then I am using Capture One to do the raw conversion and then if I need to I use Luminar.  This is a pain to manage and creating large  files I have to keep and manage. I find myself using Luminar less and less as processing time has increased and end up having over 200 mbs of files per photo.  

Rob Morice

@Angela what is the expected eta on DM?

Angela Andrieux

@Rob - Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad to hear that Denis has already responded in your original thread.

As for the DAM - I am anticipating that detailed info will be released by the end of the week and that it will be released this fall.

jean Vidal

Deja dit en 2017.......non?

Juan Lillo Lobos

A year has passed, and this problem is still present.

The level of noise generated by Luminar when correcting the lens is so high that it is impossible to work.

It's a shame that when I tried Luminar I only revealed it with my telephoto lens. Now that I purchased the 2018 version and began to reveal landscape taken at a wide angle, I realize that Luminar is not able to open my photos without adding a giant amount of noise.

Rob Morice

I've given up using it. It did have potential but I think in the end it is just buggy. I often have the program crash on me. It's really the only program that I can relie on to crash.

Please sign in to leave a comment.