Damn DAM

Comments

8 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Mirco,

I would be really glad to provide you with the release date of the DAM tool. 

However, there is no exact info for now. We want to make sure it works as expected before releasing it. 

Once we know the approximate date, we will definitely let you know. 

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

Communication isn't a release date, communication is showing a plan - some sort of development direction. If you had a plan beyond "let's do a DAM and ripoff some disgruntled LR customers" then you could have shown mockups of what you envisage or (if it really should be in an internal beta) you could have shown a video or two of someone using the DAM. It doesn't matter if it's not fully finished, the UI should be finished by now (if that really is a beta you're running internally), the functionality should be clear and well defined (if that really is a beta you're running internally) - even if you need to take several takes to get the video done, you could really have made one to show your customers what to expect - you yourself imply that "you want to make sure it works as expected", then let's see those expectations.

But all you produce is apology after apology - leaving me the impression that you got a whole bunch of hot air filling a quickly deflating balloon entitled DAM and in the basket, about to plummet into the abyss, lies the tattered remains of Luminar...

Nigel Turley

I believe Skylum have until Friday to make some sort of more formal announcement but like many others here, I'm not holding my breath!

From a post by a Skylum spokesperson on 16th August:

The DAM.. "is now in beta testing and we will be releasing detailed specs later this month, and the release date is expected soon thereafter."

K.G. Wuensch

@Nigel, maybe that guy meant "within a months time", or worse it'll be "within a Neptune month"  (1/12th of a Neptune year boils down to just shy of 14 earth years)...

Frank Fiorentino

If there was something positive to report they would have. My guess is that they are in alpha testing at best and this thing is going to be a failure at launch. When companies have good news to report they are usually forthcoming. Sklyum has so many reasons to report something good but their silence is deafening.

Srikanth Konjarla

Luminar looked very promising and I loved using it. But, has been waiting for DAM, easy way to add Thumbnail and built in panorama stitching features so I can totally liberate myself from Lightroom. Went with ON1 instead although I still have purchased license of Luminar (upgraded to Luminar 2018 too).

Sascha Schlachter

Honestly and unfortunaltely, I must say that I am against the odd's deeply upset with your company and your business model.

Attracting probably ten's of thousands of new customers by promising a DAM, making nothing more in reality than letting out some functionalities in the pipe for a long time and promising a new HDR version of your software which seems to be another rebrand......

What kind of business philosophy is that? Remembers me CCCP and cold-war!

Glad I am not the only one upset with you!

I have been your customer from the beginning and have invested in your Marketing blabla.....not for much.

Agreed, I've been stupid enough!

John Newton

im not buying another version until they introduce watermarking and DAM tools.. get your finger out !!!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.