Is there support for the Datacolor Spyder Checkr?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

K.G. Wuensch

You are totally out of luck here - Luminar on Windows doesn't even have the basic color management functions yet - and those are a prerequisite of any advanced functionality like the one you are asking for...

Comment actions Permalink
    Julia Kot

Hi Bruce,

Luminar supports most of Adobe plug-ins, plus we are in the process of working directly with the plugin companies to make sure their plugins will run with Luminar. We are not currently working directly with Datacolor Spyder Checkr or Xrite's Color Passport though, but hopefully, we will in the near future.

K.G. Wuensch

@Julia, you don't know what a Datacolor Spyder Checker or Xrite Color Passport are, do you? They are printed pigmernt color charts that allow color correction for white balance issues - so if you know you are going to shoot a session under controlled lighting consisting of several flashes in a given environment (which also plays a role as the environment never really is a neutral gray) then you create an image of one of the above color charts in place or with the model first and then you can use the plugins to compare these known color values to the recorded values and then to create a color correction for that situation. Since color management has been pushed back behind the DAM you shouldn't give the impression that support for these tools is anywhere close - because without color management you don't even have to start worrying about correct color, you won't get it.

Bruce Cole

Thank you for your reply.

Do we know if the Adobe plugin for Datacolor/Xrite (for Lr) can be used with Luminar 2018? Has anyone tried it?

Are there any other color management products that do work that you could tell me about?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bruce - At this time Luminar for Windows does not support 3rd party plugins, but it is in the works and will be added in a future update.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for color management tools at this time.

Hello

Are they recent news concerning this topic ? I would like to use Datacolr Spydercheckr with Luminar in 2020 !

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Member,

I'm sorry to inform you that there is not much progress at the moment, however I will add your feedback to our backlog, so we can investigate this further and eventually understand if support of color management is something that is widely requested. Thank you very much for your contribution. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.