Comments

8 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Stephen,

Are you referring to the Cloud-based version?

Comment actions Permalink
    Stephen Dawson

Yes, that’s right.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Stephen,

This article from Photofocus should help: https://photofocus.com/2017/10/24/how-to-use-plugins-with-the-new-lightroom-cc/

I've also put in a message to Rich Harrington (the article's author and one of Skylum's trainers) to see if there is an updated suggestion since this article was published in 2017. If there is, I'll be sure to post it here as well.

Stephen Dawson

Thanks for the link.Not sure I understand what it’s saying though. Does it assume that Luminar is a plug-in to Photoshop? And it only talks about using Filters once in Photoshop, not any other editing tools.

Denis Kotsee

The cloud version of Lightroom doesn't support third-party plugins at the moment, in other words, it's not possible to load Luminar into it (or any other plugin for that matter). The article talks about a workaround that you can apply if you have Photoshop.

Stephen Dawson

I think I got that, but the article only talks about Luminar filters in Lightroom. Is it possible to use all of Luminar's editing tools inside Photoshop?

Denis Kotsee

Absolutely, Luminar's toolkit stays the same for all the hosts you launch it from.

Stephen Dawson

Ok, thank you. In the absence of the possibility of a direct plugin for Lightroom CC, I guess a round trip through Photoshop will do the job.

Please sign in to leave a comment.