Digital Asset Management for Luminar 2018 for Mac

Comments

9 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ron,

The DAM has taken longer than we anticipated to fully develop, and we apologize for that. However, we decided to take our time to make sure it is rock solid before releasing it rather than delivering something half-baked. It is now in beta testing and we will be releasing detailed specs later this month, and the release date is expected soon thereafter.

If you'd like to request a refund you can do so by emailing support@skylum.com.

Comment actions Permalink
    Joe Joe

At the least, an apology is due the many loyal customers who have waited for the long promised (no show) DAM features.

And, undoubtedly, Luminar 2019 is due out soon ... with no sign of digital asset management for v2018.

Many of us are on EOL products such as Aperture, and our work has suffered due to the wait.

Had we known it would be a year or more, since upgrading to Luminar 2018, for Luminar to implement DAM we might have gone elsewhere.  The fact is, without asset management, Luminar is not comparable to Adobe Lightroom, etc. Digital Asset Management is foremost what it's all about!

A critical lesson for Skylum:

Don't over promise and under deliver! It makes for a far less loyal (and trusting) customer base.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Joe Joe,

We do apologize that the DAM has taken longer than anticipated to roll out. We are still committed to releasing it as a free update for all Luminar 2018 users, prior to the release of Luminar 2019. We'll be releasing detailed specs this month, and I anticipate a release date won't be far behind. 

K.G. Wuensch

@Joe, fact is, Luminar 2018 is an EOL product already. It will get one final update with the DAM (in whatever state that may be) but will probably retain many of the fundamental flaws that got reported here and elsewhere... Soon it will mean shelling out for Luminar 2019 to get those bugs fixed. Given the state of Luminar 2018 I would expect Skylum to honor the early commitment of everyone buying Luminar 2018 by making Luminar 2019 a free upgrade...

Adam Burnett

"We'll be releasing detailed specs this month."

Four days till the end of the month, I'm waiting with bated breath.  I bought Luminar a while back, only for the promised DAM and haven't actually used the program yet.  I REALLY hope to hear something SOON, its been way too long in the pipeline with no official word...

Kim Austin

Those 4 days came and went and here we are with still no information. I've been a very loyal Skylum user for many years, but I am amazed/disappointed that there's just no response any longer. Seriously considering ON1 now.

Francesco Ferraro

yes, you've announced that at the end of august and we're still waiting..

Sascha Schlachter

this company is clearly bullshitting its customers!

Stephen Knowles

If they released early you'd all be whining about it being full of bugs, I'd sooner wait till they get it right.

Please sign in to leave a comment.