WHERE and HOW to purchase Noiseless Pro App ? No link or Button.

Answered

Comments

22 comments

James Leseke

With all due respect, the tools in the Luminar app are not on the same level as the individual CK apps. For example, I tried the Denoise filter in Luminar, it's good, but it's not on the level of Noiseless. Ditto for the Black and white feature in Luminar, it's not as good as Tonality. For one thing I was able to purchase some textures for Tonality that are still not available in Luminar, even for purchase. I guess I can live without Intensify as I do seldom use it now, but every once and a while I do go back to it and get marvelous results. 

One of the reasons I moved over to what was then MacPhun was because Apple turned Aperture into a legacy product. I grudgingly moved over to Lightroom so I could continue using other editing tools as plug-ins to Lightroom. And then I found out about Tonality, which I loved. That was my introduction to your product line. In my opinion Tonality is still the most powerful black and white photo conversion app out there, even compared to the most recent Aurora and Luminar efforts.

I purchased each of your  Pro versions individually and then as your CK offering, plus individual offerings for all of them. I understand that Skylum is moving on and the notion is that Luminar is the new all-in-one offering, but your leaving a lot of good product behind. I hope that you will at least offer, for purchase if needs be, updates for the CK products to keep them supported by Apple OSX. 

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

I assume that the noise reduction personality in Luminar Neptune was on par with the CK noiseless tool - compared to that the noise reduction filter in Luminar 2018 is total crap. It is so brutally detail destroying even at the lowest settings that it’s unusable!

Denis Kotsee

You can get Noiseless from the AppStore for free now, although it won't have plugin functionality due to the AppStore's restrictions.

K.G. Wuensch

@Richard, as a RAW processor it is total rubbish. Inconsistent (due to automatic, unavoidable noise reduction) and very bare bones, every open source RAW processor is way way better...

Richard Huggins

In my experience Luminar 2018 can match neither Tonality nor Noiseless. (I have the CK). It seems to be the company line that they do. Luminar is a very good RAW processor but....

Dave Kosiur

I have to agree. The feature set and amount of control in Noiseless CK is unmatched by the Denoise filter in Luminar, Noiseless CK being much more powerful. Luminar's filter is pitiful regarding noise reduction.

I realize that Skylum put all of the coding efforts into Luminar and Luminar Flex. But Skylum should consider maintaining some of the powerful apps it developed a few years. If you're worried about marketing, make it clear that apps like Noiseless CK are more powerful versions of some of the Luminar filters (perhaps emphasizing "professionals"?). Don't limit yourself to just trying to sell a software package (Luminar) that's a bundle of -- in some cases -- less powerful options. Sure, the "average Jane" that's content to just use "AI" and simple filters may be satisfied with Luminar, but don't forget those of us out there who might want more ... and that was provided by tools like Noiseless CK.

Lynne Pariseau

I also have to agree and have mentioned it several times before. The Denoise filter in any of the Luminars does not even come close to Noiseless CK - I also frequently use Focus CK and Intensify CK But I could live without them if Skylum would reinclude Noiseless CK --- please please do something about Denoise - either improve it or dump it and give us back Noiseless.!!

Aur Ora

I'd like to add that the UX is just plain broken in Luminar 2018 (since release and still valid on 1.3.2) - the fact that Noiseless is still listed in the menus is wildly confusing. Seriously Skylum how hard is it to remove the completely deprecated product for those who don't have it installed or, at least, change the dialog to remove the "discover noiseless" option?

Also, for whatever ridiculous reason the search functionality in Luminar is not ubiquitous. As far as I can tell "Filters" do not appear, so as a casual user who typed "denoi..." and "noi..." into the search bar expecting a substring match finds nothing (note: use substring, not beginning of string, which would matter for those who don't know the exact name of a feature).

Base case: Luminar changes the crappy Noiseless menu to say "hey you don't have Noiseless installed thus you can't use the features, but did you know that under Filters > Denoise you can get the closest thing to a replacement?"

Lynne Pariseau

I noted that Denis mentioned the App Store still had Noiseless available - and mentioned the word "free" -- well it's not free any longer - it's $49.99 and is offered by Macphun not Skylum!!!.   

Lynne

Lynne Pariseau

if you hang on to Luminar 2018, you can access the original CK filters - I believe someone mentioned that...however, that access is gone in Luminar 3 and Flex.   Such a shame.

K.G. Wuensch

Even Luminar 2017 had a far far superior noise reduction - unfortunately Luminar 2018 did away with that and instead has two noise reductions, one mandatory which you have no control whatsoever over (if you are opening RAW images it is applied "when objectionable noise is detected" - this detection is iffy at best as at the RAW level it is virtually impossible to distinguish fine detail to noise) and the one haphazard filter which is totally useless.

Lynne Pariseau

Richard -- are you using a Mac or a PC.   On my Mac Noiseless just does not show up anywhere at all. suggestions?

Lynne Pariseau

If I use PSE 2019, then I can use Noiseless CK as a plugin (for now anyway).

Lynne Pariseau

Richard Huggins- sorry I missed where you said you could get it to run on your MAC...however it will not do so on mine -- did you use a special "trick"?? or did it just show up? what kind of Mac are you using?

Dave Kosiur

I am still able to use NoiseLess CK with the latest version of Lightroom Classic on my Mac. To do so, I had to define Noiseless CK as an external editor. The Plugin Manager in Lightroom still shows Noiseless CK as an enabled plugin, but it never shows up in the plugin options for a selected image. So the only way I can use NoiseLess CK in Lightroom is as an external editor (and I'm Ok with that).

Dave

Richard Huggins

Lynne Pariseau. You need to point Luminar at the file NoiselessPlugin32.plugin, ( or NoiselessPlugin.plugin, I forget which) so find where it is. I did it a while ago and forget but I moved it to a more accessible folder. Then in Edit, Plugins, Other, Open Plugin, and tell Luminar where it is.

Lynne Pariseau

Richard Huggins, thanks, I'll look for it -- so far no go but at least now I know what I'm looking for.

Lynne

Kate Williams

Hi Lynne,

Here's the instruction on how to integrate CK apps with Luminar 3. 

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software. Locate the folder of the app you'd like to connect to Luminar 3. Navigate inside that folder - there will be a folder named Plug-ins thereNavigate inside the Plug-ins folder. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Luminar, double-click any photo to open the full preview mode.
    4. Click Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file you just copied. The CK app should open.
    Lynne Pariseau

Kate Williams - thanks a million!!!  not only does your method work for Luminar 3, it works for Flex as well (the plugin folder is in a slightly different place but it works the same way).

thank you again so much!!

Lynne

I do have a question though -- if you delete the plugin folder from where you copied it? will it disappear from Luminar 3 permanently?

Lynne Pariseau

Kate,  I think I answered my own question -- it leaves the name in the plugin list but you can't use it.  So I guess it would be best to put your copied files somewhere where you won't delete them by accident -- right now mine is on the desktop

Lynne

Richard Huggins

Lynne Pariseau. I can run Noiseless CK as a plug in on Luminar 3 and Flex (and other programs) on my Mac, so it is still possible. Its a pity Skylum want to tell us how to do our editing rather than provide decent tools.

Julia Kot

Hi Phil,

I'm afraid all the CK apps, including Noiseless CK, are legacy products now. They have been retired and are not available for the purchase. 

Please take a look at Luminar 2018. It has all the tools of CK apps, also it has a Denoise filter to remove the digital noise from the image. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.