Comments

6 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Carl,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I'll pass your suggestion to our devs for their consideration.

Let us know if any questions arise.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Johnston

I want to second Carl's suggestion.  If Luminar could handle LAB color, including curves adjustment, it would bring me extremely close to being able to ditch Photoshop completely in favor of Luminar.

K.G. Wuensch

It would make no sense at the moment, Luminar on Windows doesn’t even have color management yet - before they start adding additional controls they first must get that right - and since the failure of a DAM (the file browser is an unusable mess with it’s inconsistent preview image sizes) has precedence above the essential functions...

Mark Johnston

K.G. Wuensch, following your line of thought it would make no sense to have a "Feature suggestions & requests" topic at all until the issues you identify are resolved to your satisfaction.  The "feedback/bugs" topic for Windows is elsewhere.  I would suggest you report your issues over there and allow others of us to continue to make feature requests here based on our needs and ideas.

K.G. Wuensch

@Mark, my point is that asking for a feature that relies on a proper understanding and fully implemented color management makes no sense until that is achieved...

Mark Johnston

In my opinion, handling LAB color space should be part of properly implemented color management right along with RGB, CMYK, etc.  Your assertion that requesting a feature that uses color management "makes no sense" because a version of the software doesn't yet have color management is absurd.  It's like saying that making feature requests related to DAM functionality make no sense because Luminar doesn't do DAM yet.

Feature requests can help define how functionality related to color management, DAM, or other features are exposed and controlled through the UI.  Making such feature requests BEFORE the functionality is implemented means the developers can get some sense of how users want to take advantage of that functionality.  This can inform both development priorities and feature set.

So I would say making feature requests related to as-yet non-existent or incomplete software functionality makes perfect sense.  In fact, I am quite sure that is exactly what this topic is intended to encourage.

With that, I hope the developers will include LAB in future color management functionality.  Whether it makes sense to you is not something I need worry about.

Please sign in to leave a comment.