Clone and stamp undo

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Denis Kotsee

Currently this functionality is not available on Windows - the undo is enabled when you exit the tool, and one step back undoes the whole previous session in the tool.

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Herren

Are there plans to make it available? I hope so, otherwise the tool is almost unusable for portrait retouching when there are several skin blemishes to remove.

Denis Kotsee

Yes, we'll add this feature in one of the upcoming updates. For the time being I'd recommend doing this in steps - a Clone&Stamp session for each separate blemish.

Tom Pickering

Denis -

A separate session for each blemish???  Are you serious???  Luminar makes a stamped layer for each Clone Stamp session, which would be a horrible waste of time for a portrait of a teenager.

Thomas Herren

Thanks Tom, exactly my thoughts. And my current scenario are indeed some portraits of my 15 year old son ☺

Lenka Kopečková

I see that year ago Skylum announced that solution will be in one of the upcoming updates- yet I can see the undo button still inactive when doing clone & stamping, which makes it quite a nerve-racking experience. May I ask you to give me some updates on this? I would very appreciate if the solution comes as soon as possible.

Kirk Osborn

That’s a great suggestion.

I could definitely see how you would want to have this feature. 

Right now, we don’t have anything like that in place. That being said, we’ve heard that request quite a bit so maybe we will do so in the future. I’ll speak with our engineering team about this, and they’ll reach out if they have any other questions.

Mac Silvey

How is this still not a thing?:
    We're two years in and this is one of the most basic functions for the clone stamp / erase tools. Especially when the erase tool keeps picking the wrong source. 

Kate Williams

Hi Mac, 

You can press ALT on your keyboard to change the chosen part for cloning. 

As for Undo / Redo, I definitely see how it would be convenient, and I'm sorry that it's taking longer than expected. The implementation of this feature depends on the peculiarities of Windows OS, and our team is looking for the best ways to overcome the tech difficulties that stem from that. That said, we do realize that this feature is important, so once we have a more precise timeframe for it, we'll share it with the community. 

Wow, dropped $200+ yesterday or bundle hoping this would be better than RAW or Lightroom, but no immediate undo for the Clone tool? FAIL.

Please sign in to leave a comment.