a brush with masking feature

Comments

8 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Marc!

Have you tried our Brush tool? 

Here is more info about it: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/mac/masking-options-in-luminar 

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Shrader

Marc's request is certainly valid. Luminar's brush tool is a time-consuming PITA when trying to accurately assign a mask to an image. Julia, the link to the user manual was not working when I tried it a few minutes ago.

marc labro

hallo Julia,

i have found paint and erase but not a checkbox "masking" like lightroom with edge detection or like ON1 perfect brush with content aware and edge detection based on color, texture, shpae,...

marc

Julia Kot

Sorry guys, the link is ok now :) 

Julia Kot

Marc,

If you are looking for the Brush tool, in Aurora HDR 2018 just use B shortcut.

In Luminar 2018, you should add a New Adjustment Layer and also use B shortcut

marc labro

hallo Julia,

I am not searching for brush tool in Luminar but ask for "EDGE DETECTION" while painting.

lightroom calls it "AUTO masking" with a checkbox. ON1 calls it perfect brush.

it detects edges, texture, color for accurate selection

In ON1, you can alt clic on a blue color and paint between branches of green tree without touching green just blue between leaves,...

you can refine it with a luminosity mask...

i hope i am clear

selection tools in luminar are missing for hairs, color, ...

marc

AT

I too am looking for edge detection.  Had tried to do a sky overlay but my horizon was not straight and peppered with various flowers and such.  Without edge detection, I would have to manually create a brush mask, which just isn't practical.   Lightroom provides such a feature.

Allan Yaremko

I agree with all the above comments - an edge detection type of brush in Aurora HDR 2018 while painting would greatly help in defining masks with improved accuracy. Please provide this feature. Thanks.

Al

Please sign in to leave a comment.