Where's Tonality?

Comments

10 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

You can still find it on our website here: https://skylum.com/tonality

However, (and unfortunately) Tonality is now considered Legacy software. This means that we are still providing support for it, and the occasional update for compatibility and stability, but as far as I know there won't be any more upgrades or new functionality added.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Jardeen

Sad, great piece of software. Now that SEP is back it's disappointing that effort is not being put into this. I do a ton of B&W and have used SEP, Topaz B&W Effects, and On1. I use PSCC, and have enjoyed having Tomality as a tool. Great presets. Luminar is too little for my work. I own and use Aurora. Perhaps if both products were incorporated into Luminar it would be worth it. I need Plug-in functions.  

marc labro

This is a great news for c users :-)

in the past i asked Skylum not making a new tonality for PC because most of features were already in luminar.

They didn't answer and it seems it is happening. so we can use AI, hsl,... filters and black and white in same environment, add texture, glow, sunrays,... i am happy !

BUT i am a sylver efex pro user and fan of u-points.

soft contrast, dynamic brightness, color filters, amplify black, amplify white MUST BE IMPLEMENTED in Luminar because luminar b&w is not as deep and dramatic as sylver efex pro 2 one !

PLEASE skylum team, improve your b&w into luminar

moreover the brush remains poor without a content aware/masking feature (like on1 and lightroom) to paint accurately.

best regards

marc

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing this with us 😃I'll definitely pass your request to our devs.

Have a marvelous day!  

marc labro

hallo Julia,

having tonality inside luminar is the dream :-)

just be sure it is still as powerful as tonality for mac (see comparison with sep2 on your old site) and sep2 which remains THE reference for b&w.

you are close :-)

AI is one of the parts of the puzzle and is amazing

ON1 has a dynamic contrast (also topaz) allowing to address small, medium and large details.

it could help also

photoshop can combine HSL to boost color+b&w layer to address colors and gradient map to address tones.

three layers giving deep and dramatic bw.

i followed courses of Jim Welnisnski with tone curve and brush. it takes a long time to paint light with respect to one-click sylver efex pro 2 on a preset.

marc

marc

Frankie Diaz

I just purchased this morning Tonality, snap heal and noiseless.   I found nothing on the site that said Tonality is discontinued. Please tell me why would you still sell something that's discontinued?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frankie,

The CK apps have not been discontinued, but they are considered Legacy apps. This means that we still provide support for them, and the will occasionally receive updates for stability and compatibility. Furthermore, they continue to amazing apps (in my personal opinion). I hope you'll be happy with your purchase once you have a chance to use them. If you have any trouble please don't hesitate to message us here in the forums or via support@skylum.com.

Pritesh Patel

Hi Angela,

I just stumbled upon the CK apps today (9/12/2018).  I like what they do, especially noiseless, but can't find out where to buy the app from.  Now I read, in this post, that it is a legacy product, does that mean that you are no longer selling the product?  Have you bundled it with Luminar or Aurora instead?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Pritesh - Unfortunately the CK apps are no longer available for purchase. However, much of their technology has been integrated into Luminar 2018.

marc labro

Hi Skylum team,

Please finish the job !

Lot of photographers expect a good BW filter !

you have develop, AI, color enhancer, advanced contrast... to prepare the image for conversion BUT a basic bw conversion similar to lightroom one.

I am on PC and I am a sylver efex pro fan. i start my image with color filter, color sensitivity (reds,..) and jump to the amazing soft contrast, amplify white and amplify black sliders. then dynamic brightness (does AI filter does the same ?) and upoints.

please implement these amazing sliders in luminar bw filter and as soon as possible zone system display.

You claimed that tonality is much better than sylver efex and you have now a poor bw.

best regards

marc

Please sign in to leave a comment.