Luminar - add option to remove Skylum plugins from menu

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll take it into consideration for future updates.

Comment actions Permalink
    Nigel Turley

Thanks Angela - given that the last published updates to the old CK apps seems to have been 2 years ago and they don't seem to be actively supported or promoted by Skylum any more I'm guessing that you've pretty much given up on them? I remember trying the CK collection around 2016 but at least three of them had significant issues with their RAW engine which made them unsuitable for wide angle shots from Canon PowerShot cameras. As it would appear that no further work has been put into their development I'm very unlikely to invest in them now!

Ray Beckwith

I installed the DxO Nik collection but found that they didn't work properly. I eventually got a refund from DxO although they wanted access to my computer to see me delete the relevant file. However, the names of these plugins still appear in the Luminar list. How can I remove them as I no longer have them on my MAC.? Thank you.

Denis Kotsee

@Ray Beckwith go to Applications > Utilities > launch Terminal, paste the following line into the terminal window:

defaults delete com.macphun.luminar2018 

and hit Enter.

You might need to reactivate the app after this but the DxO plugins should not be displaying in Luminar anymore.

Ray Beckwith

Denis - Thank you but that didn't work the Plugins are still appearing. I have run the Terminal command twice to no effect. See attachment

Denis Kotsee

Luminar might be pulling the plugin files from Photoshop. Try the following:

• Make sure Luminar is closed
    • Navigate to Applications > Your Photoshop version > Plug-ins > Filters
    • if there's a DxO folder, remove it
    Frank Garcia

Unbelievable! Found in the hard way that there is no way to remove a plugin! Uninstalling and reinstalling is unacceptable! 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frank,

If you're referring to removing the Luminar plugin from Lightroom and/or Photoshop you can do so via the File > Install Plugins menu. If you're looking for other functionality, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can help you.

Post is closed for comments.