Luminar 2018 for Windows: Please Add Color Management

Comments

12 comments

Alfredo Luna

I don't know if it has to do with Color Management or if I'm doing something wrong but, after working a raw file in Luminar and exporting/saving it to Photoshop file format (.psd & sRGB), then the colors look wrong in Photoshop.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

HI Alfredo,

Can you email us your original raw and then the saved .psd to support@skylum.com so we can take a look at them? If the files are too large to email you can use WeTransfer.com and then send us the shared link.

Alfredo Luna

Files are uploading at this moment. I'm sending 3 files:  .lmnr, .psd and raw (dng) files.
    With the raw file I'm sending, the yellows and red colors are less saturated when open in Photoshop. Also notice a big difference in Noise reduction which is strong in the exported PSD file than in the Luminar file.

Thank you Angela.

Regards.

(Sent via WeTransfer. File name is IMGP2388)

Alfredo Luna

Hi again. This is what I get. As you see, the colors change in the exported PSD file. Also the Denoise levels are much stronger in Photoshop than in my source file in Luminar.

Angela Andrieux

Thanks, Alfredo! We'll look into it shortly.

Rico Körner

Well, Lumainar has no color management at all. Therefore the colors can not be right. It's really sad and it's not a bug. Skyline may implement this feature in the future, but today luminar is not useable for me.

Thanks, that I found this issue and actually I can tell all friends, that luminar has no color management --> luminar is not a good choice for work with color on Windows. Unfortunately, skylum does not tell this and does not state this in the faq or in the comparison tables.

There are many posts with this topic and skylum know about it since months. A link to a topic with a skylum statement (first: they don't work on it. second: they work on it): https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360004002991-Please-add-color-management-after-1-2-

Denis Kotsee

@Rico allow me to quote the statements that I think you're referring to as contradictory in that thread:

>we have to wait longer

>We'll dedicate more time to it when we deploy all the urgent additions and fixes

>we're already working on better color management for Windows

Sorry if what I wrote there seemed confusing: we are working on addressing color management on Windows but in the background. I hope this clears things up.

Thomas Herren

I think the time has come for Skylum to make a clear statement on when Luminar users on Windows will have a properly working CM implemented. Without this, the software is unusable which is a pity for some of the nice tools and filters. Even if the price for the software is moderate and discounted from time to time, I consider it "daring" to market a photo editor that lacks one of the most basic elements.

Timothy Burgess

This software is near useless for photo editing without being Monitor Color Calibration Profile aware.

Amazing oversight

ibon zabala

Hello
    with the latest updates the problem has been solved. Now it's perfect. From ligfhtroom or photoshop to luminar everything well.

Stephen Kahn

Ibon, the latest release I can find for Luminar for Windows 2018 is from November...and does not include color management. If you’re aware of a more recent update, please include a link to it. For me, implementation of color management in the Windows version is critical. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Stephen! Please note that Luminar 3 was released. It is color managed.
    You can download it on our website. Then use your Luminar 2018 credentials.
    If you need help, reach us here:
    https://skylum.com/support 

Please sign in to leave a comment.