DAM PROGRESS

Comments

209 comments

Anastasia Davis

@Peter Marxen Hi! There are no fees for a refund. If there are any problems with that, we will be happy to help you and investigate. Please contact us at support@skylum.com and we will reach our billing partner to resolve the issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Hardisty

@Nastia Davis Too little, too late. You denied me a refund on both A18 and L18 citing it was over your thirty day policy. Yet you continue to provide substandard and unfit for purpose software along with promises that sometime it will be fixed.

Oh Yeah! You've already brought out A19, or about to and yet the Top and Bottom hasn't been fixed in that either. So what are the chances that it is ever going to be fixed in A18. 

You can't understand how I feel, because you and Skylum wouldn't keep up the pretence that we are ever going to achieve parity and have a Windows version that might work.

I don't even have either of the products installed anymore as it was just too frustrating using them, thinking I could do something, only to find out features were only available in the MAC version.

Angela Andrieux

@Mike Hardisty - I was able to confirm that Aurora HDR 2018 will also get the update with a Set Orientation button to fix the Top & Bottom filter. 

Mike Hardisty

@Angela Andrieux, @Denis Kotsee. 

You guys really ought to get your act together

As Denis said in an earlier post 

"Angela really doesn't know the exact date, neither do I, our developers have tasks with higher priority than this, so they're dedicating their time to those tasks"

So why bother telling me that A18 is going to get fixed, when you don't know when. You've been spinning that story to us Windows users since the release of A18 and for that matter L18.

The best thing you could do right now is to offer any Windows users, as a gesture of goodwill, a refund on both products if they want the option. I know I would take you up on an offer like that straight away  

Angela Andrieux

@Sascha Picchiantano - Your initial post with the YouTube link was removed because it violated this section of the community guidelines:

"Links to tutorials related to Skylum Software and general photography education are allowed. However, all other links and commercial posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will be removed from the community."

Since the link was not to a Skylum tutorial or related to photography education it was removed. You can read the complete Community Guidelines here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002269211-Community-Guidelines

As for your subsequent posts, please accept my apology for deleting them. The explanation above should have been posted as a response, rather than removing them.

Sascha Picchiantano

Angela... you must be kidding me. The video I posted was not a commercial post. It was a video by a member of the Skylum community about Skylum software. Just how dense do you think your customers really are? If the video was a positive fan video you would not have deleted it. But since it was about the whole DAM disaster and painted you in a bad light, you removed it. And that's the only reason why you did it. You attempt to put this as a community guideline violation is not just easy to see through, but utterly ridiculous. 

The way Skylum is handling this whole situation is a disaster, really. 

Anyone wanting to see the video that is being censored here, let me know and I'll send you the link. Or just search Youtube for this title: "Why I Am Saying Goodbye To Skylum Luminar & Aurora HDR", by Youtuber Joe Jackson. 

K.G. Wuensch

@Sascha, oh that's the video you're referring to. That guy is highly annoying - but has some very valid points. Recently someone on this forum deleted a lengthy explanation why the internal color space does have little impact on the lack of color management - probably because I said that they must never have worked with a color managed application and that an image editor without that is useless and not fit for sale...

Mike Hardisty

@sascha picchiantano

I can understand why Skylum would censor your post. It's pretty damning when you see the video. I can see a ban coming for you. I was critical on their FB page, pointed out a few home truths and found myself banned. 

Sascha Picchiantano

Yup, agreed, the video is annoying. But not because of the content, but because of the guy's cringe-worthy style. The matter of the fact though is that he is right, and the point is, we've gotten so far that people feel like they need to produce Youtube videos about the situation. 

Mike Miles, your "comment" was about as useless as it gets. Think of that before you tell others how useless their posts are. You don't like the whining? You're happy with Skylum? Go read elsewhere then. Or, you know, just get a life.

Jerry Dean

I think a lot of people here need to make a decision that deals with price/value.  Yes we are all tired of the broken promises concerning the DAM and the shady business practices of Skylum.  There comes a time when one must decide if the value of using Luminar outweighs the price of all the frustration.  If the value overpowers the cost/negative you will patiently wait for the Dam and upgrade.  If the negative/price overpowers the value you should ask for a refund, move on to another software package and please just stop all the whining, complaining and negativity that has been hashed over and over again, we have heard it all, there is nothing to be gained by continuing it.Thank you!

Sascha Picchiantano

There is nothing to be gained by people telling other people to shut up. I won't be shutting up. The root cause for the negativity is Skylum's doing. What do you expect, that people sing happy kindergarten songs for you when they are being scammed like this? This has nothing to do with whining. And to you too: Don't like to read the complaints? Move along. 

Tom Murray

There is nothing to be gained by people telling other people to move along.

Andy Campbell

Look, I've had my beef with Skylum as much as the next man/woman that feels they have been scammed by the DAM delivery debacle BUT .... Skylum could go a LONG WAY to resolving this whole issue by ADMITTING that the screwed up. Then they should provide a SOLID ROADMAP of the DAM functionality (Use Case by Use Case) that they plan to implement over the next year (2019). This roadmap should include all functionality they intended to implement when they promised to deliver a DAM functionality last year to incent people to buy Luminar. Current Luminar 2018 users who legitimately feel let down, should get free upgrades AS PROMISED but instead of limiting it to 2019 these free upgrade should continue until the roadmap is delivered.

THEN DELIVER ON THAT ROADMAP !

I accept, as any reasonable person would, that business pressures may require changes to the roadmap but Skylum should communicate those changes as soon as they occur. If they deliver in 2019 great, if not they should continue the free upgrades for current users until they can.

New users are a different story AS LONG AS Skylum make it clear that upgrades, for them, will not be free and they stop saying that DAM functionality will be provided to them as a free upgrade BEFORE THEY PURCHASE.

Mike Hardisty

@Jerry Dean,,,,the problem is SKYLUM won't give a refund. They cite their 30 days policy despite the fact that they have still not completely delivered a working product. Sure they said the DAM would be late, but it's still not out and there's no definite date. More importantly, there are features that still don't work correctly and despite the fact that people have been complaining about some of these feature they keep saying they are low priority. 

I'd gladly move on but as SKYLUM have refused me a refund several times I reserve the right to bitch and moan as often as I want to.

Frank Fiorentino

@Mike...I got a refund in September and I purchased L18 when it was first released. The return reason cited on the refund was  Product Not As Expected.

Now I read the forum just to see if Skylum as changed their tune.

Jerry Dean

@Sascha - so much anger, I did not tell anyone to shut up!  

Margarita Ney

@Mike Hardisty ... I too got a refund only a couple of weeks ago and I had also purchased it late last year.  Email support directly and demand a refund, if that is what you want.  Otherwise, take it further.  

Sascha Picchiantano

@jerry

Quote: "please just stop all the whining, complaining and negativity"

In other words: "shut up". 

Jerry Dean

@Sascha:  I honestly believe you may be a troller and an agigitator, I hope your negativity does not destroy the best of you, please in all sincerity have a better day and I hope that you find some peace concerning your photo editing software.

Mike Hardisty

@ Margarita Ney. I tried months ago, citing that the software was unfit for purpose and they turned me down flat citing their 30 day policy. Tried a second time and they turned me down again. Maybe, third time lucky

Sascha Picchiantano

@Jerry maybe you should stop making assumptions about people you don't know. I have an awesome day, the sun is shining and I feel great. Not everybody who is fighting for justness is negative. You are confusing something there. If you perceive this as negativity, then maybe there is too much negativity in your own life and you are getting too sensitive? And if you think I am trolling, always remember: Don't feed the trolls. 

Adrian P

I'm just in the process of moving from Mac to Windows and, as I used to use Nik Colour Efex (mostly just that), Luminar is of interest.  Currently using the Adobe plan which includes 20GB of storage, LR CC, PS CC and Lightroom Classic but none of those offer the one shot filter types available within Nik.  If Luminar finally does add DAM I might change my Adobe plan but likely won't bin it, I find it useful for mobile photography, using LR Classic for my archive.  I likely won't bin Adobe entirely since it's useful to have PS CC available albeit I rarely use it.  

I haven't bought into Luminar yet though as I haven't yet bought the Windows laptop AND because I want to see what it's DAM will bring to the party.  I can see why a lot of folks are not impressed having bought Luminar on the basis of the "DAM coming soon" line (on what seems a constantly slipping timescale) and for sure I won't commit to it until AFTER the DAM component has been released and reviewed. Not least because I will be able to see which version of Luminar I need to buy to get it. Having always used Aperture I'm not that keen on Lightroom's approach to cataloguing and if Luminar eventually offers a better approach that might pull me away from LR Classic.

Looks a great tool just not prepared to take the plunge yet.  I've been caught out with 'coming soon' claims on products before. 

K.G. Wuensch

@Adrian, be careful, I would guess that about 80-90% of worthwhile Windows laptops (those with decent processor and IPS screen) are not able to run Luminar because of the stupid reliance on OpenGL 3.3 in a very restrictive way... And Luminar is still miles if not lightyears away from feature parity between the Mac and the Windows version!

Adrian P

Yeah, thanks, I've been looking at just that issue, same problem I think with Lightroom / PS.  Will give it some thought.  And as you say, there's also the parity issue.  Maybe my Mac will get an extension of life, if that's the case, so will Nik Software given I have the latest Google versions (I actually bought the software from Nik) that still work.  Pondered the DXO Nik package too but, since I've not needed to use them in a while, they may still work.  I dislike the splintered approach of Nik too with multiple different apps.

Jeroen Ransijn

Skylum, when are we going to see the DAM? Please give a date. If it's going to be 2019 I will be out and want a refund. Been waiting since I bought Luminar to start with a photo library. I will use old LR instead then, which has a freaking DAM already...

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeroen,

The Luminar Library will be released in December. You can read more about it here:

https://skylum.com/blog/luminar-with-libraries-lets-you-sync-batch-edit-multiple-images

https://skylum.com/blog/luminar-with-libraries-organizes-photos-automatically-by-date

https://skylum.com/blog/new-luminar-with-libraries-no-paid-upgrades-and-more

Keep an eye on our blog for more articles in the coming weeks with additional info.

Lebert Wilson-Harris

So the DAM didn't release I take it? I haven't opened Luminar in months now. Was waiting for Dec 18 to come, but I see now it wasn't worth the wait.

Jeroen Ransijn

It did. Download Luminar 3 as new software. Libraries is included. I am pretty happy with it. I can fanilly start organizing my photos now.

Robert Barr

The DAM was half of a release. One cannot even add keywords to their photos. It is not a DAM. Merely a file browser. Of course they say 'more to come', but we know how that works. Luminar is so far behind its competitors I gave up on it after the release of Luminar 3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.