Update 1.3.0 - a jumble of bugs

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi K.G.

Thank you for your feedback on the update. With regard to the glitches you're experiencing, especially regarding application crashes and the issues with with the crop tool, please reach out to support@skylum.com. Be sure to provide your crash reports so we can figure out the source of the problem. Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

Can‘t your support read these forum posts? I already reported many of the crop tool issues when I ran the first Windiws beta in 2017 - all I got was the automatic „we have received your message“ response. Today i had a little time so I thought why not try out what happened on the past 9 months - well, I think it‘s even worse now as I can‘t remember the colors being that screwed up...

Oh, and what I forgot, if you select a different Profile than Luminar standard the combobox content changes irrevocably to the camera make and model...

As for the crashes, I‘ll configure my Windows to record complete dumps and send one of those later this week...

Angela Andrieux

Hi K.G.

Our support team does indeed read these messages, but the forums are not monitored as frequently as email which can make resolutions via email a bit easier/faster.

Here are instructions for capturing a crash report in case you need them:

On Windows 7 or 8 click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut. Some options how to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

On Windows 10 right click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder.

Please also include the steps that led to the crash so we can replicate the issue. The more detailed, the better chances we have in recreating the problem.

Thanks in advance for sending the info!

K.G. Wuensch

@Angela, 

what you explain to me isn't capturing a crash report, a proper crash report is a memory dump of the process in question! Some you can take from the WER queue but you can also increase the amount of information and determine the location where those dumps are written via the registry.

Duc Vu Anh

I have experienced some unsual things:

- Lens Auto correction: sometimes, check the box of Defringe or Chromatic Abberation will increase one stop of exposure of the image??? Fuji XE-3. RAF file. 

- Sun star filter location vs crop: if you crop the picture after adding sun star, the location will be way off :(

Denis Kotsee

@Duc Vu Anh 

• Could you please post a screenshot or two where you reproduce this issue? Also, it would help if you could send us a file with which it occurs (contact us at support@skylum.com in this case).
    • This is normal behavior, when you crop a photograph, the position of the sun rays filter gets recalculated.
    Bjarne Winkler

You can add this WARNING I posted this morning!

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
    If you edit a photo, but have not saved it and you then do Menu: File | Open and loads another photo. Then Luminar simple delete the photo  you have been working from its workspace without first asking if you want to save your changes!
    THIS IS REAL BAD
    Actually the Windows version has so many Windows issues that it should never have been released.

Please sign in to leave a comment.