Current Version/Release Notes for Luminar 2018 1.3.0 (Windows)

Comments

41 comments

Denis Kotsee

@Alois Kraus does your computer have a graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.3?

Comment actions Permalink
    Denis Kotsee

Updating your graphics driver should fix this issue.

Update Intel Graphics Drivers

Automatically update AMD Graphics Drivers

Automatically update NVIDIA Graphics Drivers

After you have updated your GPU Driver from the manufacturer’s website, make sure you set your discrete adapter to run Aurora 2018 by default. Refer to your card's manufacturer's website if you need help with that.

In case the solution above doesn't help and you're not comfortable with using the previous version of the app, we're ready to issue a refund at your earliest convenience.

Marc Scharfe

Hallo

I can not activate my product because I can not type w at email address

Mike Morrison

MacPhun put out quality product for the MAC and continue to do so under the Skylum name.  But clearly the people working on the Windows side of the house are not as quality oriented.  This update to Luminar is a huge disappointment for Windows users.  I am fortunate to have a Mac and a Windows PC to do my editing, but not everyone does.

Skylum you need to understand that if you change your company name because you support both platforms... then support both platforms.  

My issues with this version is the same as everyone else.  The 'Can't save document" thing is driving me nuts.  I want to recommend Luminar to my friends, but find I can only do so for Mac users.  Right now my Windows friends need to use On1.

Terran Ambrosone

Thanks for the update! I got my custom presets back. Thanks bunches :)

Christian Mueller

The "Noise when you use automatic lens correction or chromatic aberration correction" is unfortunately again not fixed with the new update 1.3.1.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006235912-Noise-when-I-use-lens-auto-correction 

Without a fix automatic lens correction and automatic chromatic aberration correction are not usable with Windows. 

Can anyone say, when this fix is planned. There must be a schedule that is more detailed than "as soon as possible".

Denis Kotsee

We're focused on the DAM currently, the issue with the automatic lens correction is waiting to be takes into work but it's in the backlog. At the moment we're working on the tasks that have higher priorities.

Rob Morice

Do we have a resolution time for the Lens correction noise issue? Currently I have to use Capture One to do the initial raw conversion and then import the tiff file into Luminar. This is becoming a pain to manage and costly keeping to apps supported.  

Denis Kotsee

@Rob Morice not at the moment, sorry. Most likely we'll address this after the DAM for Luminar is released.

Aaron H

This update broke Luminar on my Lenovo X220.  It was working quite well before the update, but now I get this error that flashes up momentarily before crashing upon launch: "OpenGL 3.3 and later is required for this applicatoin to run.  Try updating your graphics drivers."
    I've updated my video drivers, and still the same problem.  I can no longer run Luminar. Will this be fixed in a future update or patch?

Denis Kotsee

@Aaron H the graphics card in your laptop doesn't support OpenGL 3.3 that's required for the latest version of Luminar to run. Please email us at support@skylum.com, there are several solutions you can try in this case.

Please sign in to leave a comment.