Latest Version: Luminar 1.3.1 (2291)
What’s new in Luminar 2018 for Windows?
- NEW Faster opening of RAW-files. You can now open raw files much faster thanks to improvements in our RAW engine.
- NEW White Balance Tool. A new White Balance functionality and eyedropper tool have been added to the Raw Develop, Develop, and Color Temperature filters.
- NEW Image History. To better keep track of your changes, now History will be saved automatically when you save a document. It’s also easy to see the White Balance presets as they’re now displayed in the image history with the preset name when using Develop and RAW Develop filters.
- NEW Layer Renaming. For all new layers, you add to a document (except for the original image) you can choose to assign a custom name. Just double-click on a layer’s name to edit it. This is a great way to organize adjustment and image overlay layers in your project.
- IMPROVED Filter Performance. You can now add or subtract filters more quickly to an image.
- IMPROVED Blending Modes. When you choose a blending mode for an Adjustment or Image Layer, the experience is even easier. Just hover your mouse over a blending mode and it updates in real-time. This is an easy way to simply mouse-over the list to find the perfect blending mode.
- IMPROVED LUT Mapping. You can now easily scroll through your LUTs in the LUT Mapping filter.
- IMPROVED Language Support. Luminar offers seven improved localizations: Chinese, Chinese Simplified, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), and Spanish.
- NEW Canvas Color. You can now set the Canvas background color to White. Choose View > Background > White to set the working Canvas to White or choose from other shades of gray or black.
- IMPROVED Sharpening. The Sharpening filter is more responsive and accurate. As you adjust the controls all changes are visible in high resolution with real-time feedback.
- NEW DNG Camera Profiles (DCP). Are you looking for truly professional control over your raw files? Then give DNG Camera Profiles a try. Luminar recognizes the industry standard DCP files that you may already have on your computer (or have bought from third parties).
- IMPROVED Batch Processing. Windows users gain the useful Batch Processing improvements. These include the ability to “Replace or Skip Files” when saving the file with the same name when Batch Processing. Additional options include the ability to create JPEG and TIFF files as well as improved reliability when renaming and numbering files on export.
- NEW Image Transformation Controls. You can quickly access new controls directly with buttons when using the Free Transform tool. You can now flip a layer on its horizontal or vertical axis. Layers can also be rotated 90˚ as needed for compensating for camera rotation. Changes made are also stored in the file’s History.
New Camera Support
This recent update supports the following new cameras:
- Canon EOS 3000D / Rebel T100 / 4000D
- FujiFilm X-H1
- FujiFilm X-A20
- FujiFilm X-A5
- FujiFilm X-E3
- Olympus E-PL9
- Pentax K-1 II
- Panasonic DC-GF10 / Panasonic DC-GF90
- Panasonic DC-GX9 / DC-GX7MK3
- Panasonic DC-TZ200 / DC-ZS200 / DC-TZ202 / DC-TZ220 / DC-ZS220 / DC-TX2
- Sony A7 III