Issues with .lmnr files

Comments

16 comments

Susan Wiethorn

I too have the same issue Angela.

I loaded the files to WetTransfer also.

Can you take a look and let me know what happened so I fix it?

https://we.tl/d36IvF9Mm1

Comment actions Permalink
    Denis Kotsee

@Susan Wiethorn, @Fernando Ariznavarreta, @Bob Cartledge, I've sent the project files from this thread for investigation to the tech dept. As soon as I hear back from them, I will post here.

Denis Kotsee

At the first glance I see that the extension of the file in the base layer has changed, and the workspace name is different as well. Don't know yet why would the Develop settings change on their own. I've got a few ideas, let me test them, and I'll post the results here later.

Denis Kotsee

Okay, so none of the suspects I checked produce this issue. Would you mind sharing your project file?

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your post.

Bob Cartledge

Transferring the files requested to WeTransfer. I hope they help!

https://we.tl/OpKMWYDPeB

Denis Kotsee

I think I know what the issue is: it's the Dodge&Burn filter.

Do I understand it correctly that you've done some selective D&B passes with a brush, and then saved the project, and closed it?

Bob Cartledge

Yeah, I seem to recall lightening the tree line with D&B. The thing is, I've done that with other files and haven't had this issue...

Denis Kotsee

For some reason the mask appears to be fully filled in, so this is what's causing this effect to occur. This looks like a random thing, if you don't have this issue with your other projects. I'd suggest removing the D&B filter from the stack, adding it back again, and re-doing the tree line edit.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

I have tried and had the same issue.

I don't use lmnr files often, as I open luminar from Lightroom or PS, but today I developed a raw from scratch in luminar and save it as a lmnr file.

When I open the file again, the results were odd.

It seems that the masks of the layers are lost after saving and the effects are applied to all the image.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Fernando,

Would you mind sending the lmnr file to support@skylum.com so we can look into it? If the file is too large to email you can use WeTransfer.com and then send us the download link. Thanks in advance!

Denis Kotsee

Hi again everyone. We're trying to reproduce the issue, and on the latest version of Luminar everything seems to be working normally with Dodge&Burn filter. Could you please see if you can reproduce this issue on the latest version on your side?

If you can, please post a list of steps here, we'll re-check.

Bob Cartledge

Okay, Denis. I wasn't trying to reproduce the effect but it has happened again, so:

1. Open .NEF file in Luminar

2. Make various global adjustments (exposure, highlights, shadows, etc, etc...)

3. Open EXPOSURE filter

4. Select brush tool

5. Select small (brush size 10, no movement) area and adjust exposure in that area to +1.7

6. Save

7. Reopen .lmnr file

8. Selective exposure adjustment has been applied globally.

And a new little hiccup that has turned up is that I occasionally get a pop-up saying "can't save file", but the file is saved anyway. It is definitely independent of the other problem, though, because this only started with the latest update.

On another topic, I went on twitter and tried to suggest some features you might like to include in Luminar in the future and it seemed that my suggestions were unwelcome. Where should I put such suggestions?

Denis Kotsee

Thank you for listing the steps, I'll try to reproduce this tomorrow.

Denis Kotsee

>On another topic, I went on twitter and tried to suggest some features you might like to include in Luminar in the future and it seemed that my suggestions were unwelcome. Where should I put such suggestions?

Not at all, we're always grateful for suggestions. Maybe try the respective category here on the forum. We've already got a substantial backlog of features, so we have to pick and choose our priorities, please don't take it personally if your suggestions aren't included into updates for the app.

Susan Wiethorn

Denis,

I just made a new *lmnr file and got the cannot save file error after applying  layer mask.

Do you want that project file also, or do you have enough for debug/fix testing?

-Susan

Denis Kotsee

Thanks, we've got enough sample material, the fix for this issue is going to be released soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.