Aurora 2018 not syncing back to lightroom

Comments

15 comments

Denis Kotsee

First of all, please see if you have your merges appear under All Photographs in LR's Catalog. If they don't automatically appear there, please let us know your version of Lightroom you are using.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Hawkins

Thanks for the quick response.  No it doesn't appear under All Photographs. LR Version is 7.4 Classic CC

Denis Kotsee

I see, thank you very much. There's no need to re-sync your catalog each time you bring a merge from Aurora to LR. When you invoke Aurora as a plugin, LR takes off the focus of the folder from which you took the brackets to send to Aurora. When you hit Apply in Aurora, and your image get put into the folder on your HDD, the only thing you need to do in order to make the merge appear in LR is to click the folder where your brackets were: LR will re-focus on the folder and pull the files that are currently in it.

Denis Kotsee

@John Hawkins, sorry, I inadvertently clicked the wrong button and rejected your comments instead of approving it. Luckily, I have it copied here:

//

Thanks again for responding.  I have tried your method and unless i' doing something wrong it doesn't pull the image back into lightroom.

Workflow is:

In Lightroom no filters on in Develop mode highlight 3 images in the folder "West Coast" Folder count = 205. 

Select File - Plug-in Extras - Transfer to Aroura 2018

In Aroura hit create HDR in the preview screen

Select preset and make adjustments

Hit Apply

Now I'm back in lightroom folder "West Coast" with the 3 bracketed shots highlighted. Folder count = 205

Hit folder name in count remains same and no Aurora image

Hit Sync folder, all good, Auraoa image there

I have uninstalled Aurora with no change.  This did not happen when i was using the trial version, this always immediately returned the image??

If you can help further it would be greatly appreciated

//

Does the same thing happen if you replace this step in your list:

Select File - Plug-in Extras - Transfer to Aroura 2018

with

right-click the three images you have selected > Export > click Edit With Lightroom Adjustments under Aurora HDR 2018

?

John Hawkins

Excellent result.  Yes this does work.  Is this the preferred way to work?  Is the Plug-in Extras way supposed to work?

I also notice that you can navigate to Library Plug-In Extras to access Aurora.  This doesn't sync the folder either.

Thanks again for your help

John

Denis Kotsee

It is, in my opinion, using Export is the most convenient way to transfer images to plugins.

I'm not entirely sure about File > Plug-in extras, I've asked guys in tech dept, as soon as I hear back from them I'll let you know.

Mike Mullis

Glad I found this thread. I'd like to confirm my experience is the same as above.

Software Versions:

• Adobe Lightroom CC 7.4
    • Aurora HDR 2018 1.2.0.2114
    • Windows 10

Workflow 1

Lightroom -> File -> Plugin Extras -> Transfer to Aurora -> Process in Aurora -> Click Apply

Result: Image does not automatically import back into Lightroom.

Workflow 2

Lightroom -> File -> Export with Preset -> Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments -> Process in Aurora -> Click Apply

Result: Image is imported automatically back into Lightroom

*** I will have to confirm later, but I think either workflow example works on my Mac with the same software versions.

John Hawkins

I'm glad i wasn't the only one to have this issue

Gert Jan Kole

Just chiming in to say that in my setup (LR CC classic, Aurora2018, on a Mac woth OSX 10.13.6) both methods (export and transfer) work as expected. The images roundtrip LR - Aurora - LR nicely and the resulting image shows up in the 'all photographs' library.

I was sent here by Google while searching for the exact difference between these methods.

The transfer route does seem to work a bit faster for me, or at least the images appear much faster in Aurora in the 'HDR will me made of these images' screen, but that may be just a matter of using the embedded previews instead of rendering it's own.

And I noticed a difference in the advanced settings on import: the 'transfer' method gives you an additional 'color denoise' feature alongside the ghost reduction and chromatic abberation removal.

Furthermore, there's a visible difference in the lens correction handling, but I haven't quite figured out what that difference is.

Kaiva Lacis-Huff

I'm experiencing this same problem, but none of the fixes mentioned are working (I don't even have the option of using Syncronize--it's greyed out).  I have Aurora 19, Lightroom Classic CC 8.2, Mac running Mojave 10.14.3.  I've used the Aurora plug-in for Lightroom approx 10 times tonight and only 4 of the photos ever appeared back in Lightroom after Aurora processing.

John Hawkins

Hi Kaiva.  You're right.  It looks as if Lightroom CC isn't loading the HDR image into the library.  I'll have a bit of a play and see if i can see why.  In the meantime you can load it by going to import and looking for it in the directory that the original files are in.

John Hawkins

Hi Kaiva.  I checked out my workflow and what you need to do after selecting the HDR group of images is

Go: File, Export with preset, Aurora HRD 2019, Open source files

Let us know if this works

Angela Andrieux

Hi Kaiva - John's suggestion should resolve the issue, but if the problem persists please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll help sort it out.

Kaiva Lacis-Huff

THANKS John Hawkins and Angela Andrieux for your help!!! I finally figured out the issue, though, and it was user error!  I had uploaded the original photos to an external hard drive, which wasn't connected to my computer when I started working with Lightroom/Aurora.  Although I was still able to edit photos and perform the HDR merge, syncing the edited photo  back to LIghtroom from Aurora wouldn't work unless my external drive was connected again.  Thank you again for your quick responses.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Kaiva,

Great to hear everything is fine now!

Do not hesitate to contact us at support@skylum.com if any questions arise.

Please sign in to leave a comment.