Moving Sliders

Answered

Comments

20 comments

Denis Kotsee

At the moment only holding down the left mouse button and dragging is available as a control option for changing slider values. We've just integrated Loupedeck into other app of ours, Aurora, and we're looking for ways to do the same for Luminar.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ronald Rugel

I'm also used to holding down the left mouse button and using the scroll wheel to adjust sliders in Lightroom.  I miss that in Luminar.

Stefan Puffer

I also would love to be able to use the mouse wheel for fine adjustments.  It's one of my favorite features in Lightroom and as someone who does a lot of maritime photographer this would be a huge help when trying to level the horizon which is almost next to impossible to do in Luminar using just a mouse.  The Loupdeck is nice but why spend $249 when all you really need is a mouse wheel?

Helena Carter

Thanks for your suggestion, Stefan! I will make sure to forward it to our developers for consideration.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Roy! As we mentioned, our developers team will consider it. 

Anastasia Davis

@Roy The thing is that there are some tasks which have higher priority. Thus,  some requests are being reviewed longer.

Jason Foong

I just moved from Lightroom to Luminar. I miss the ability of lightroom to use scroll wheels to adjust menus. This feature is greatly missed and seems like a simple function that has been missed out.

John Wright

It's rather sad that two years after posting this such a basic and critical function hasn't been addressed.  I'm still not buying software that lacks such essential functionality.

MARK VUONG

not being able to use a physical key to move slider is the biggest oversight I have ever seen in a photo editing software. and for you guys to still not have any update or solution is a demonstration of the laziness of this company. this program is already  slow as turtle butter as it is now we have to except that we can't do a mere toggle of the slider with the keyboard. I want to love luminar 4 but you guys crush my spirit with this software at every corner. thanks so much for the extreme dissapointment

Stefan Puffer

Unfortunately I have to agree with Mark.  Not being able to move sliders using arrow keys or a mouse wheel is a feature that Luminar should have had a long time ago and I can not believe that since the launch of Luminar 4 that there has only been one update (correct me if I'm wrong).  I've stopped publishing my affiliate account link because I simply can not recommend your software to anyone and I certainly will not be purchasing any future releases.  It's too bad because Luminar is so promising and does have many good features unfortunately the pros do not out weigh the cons.  I don't know what you folks are doing over there at Luminar but you had better get on the stick because your reputation is starting to become as bad as your software. 

Helga Hufflepuff

Mark and Stefan,

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about this feature. We do see that it would dramatically improve Luminar and I can assure you that we have this in our backlog of features to add in future updates. As much as we would love to, however it takes more time to implement certain tools compared to other ones, however it does not mean we do not take them into account. Appreciate you bringing this up to our attention. Hopefully this is something we can add in our nearest updates.

MARK VUONG

@helga you know you guys said that 2 years ago right. I know movie sequels that were made in less time lol. How about I email you my resume maybe I can help make these update faster. I have zero experience in programing but it seems like you guys do too.

gorav karir

Um, sorry to keep banging on about this guys but this basic function is the only thing preventing me from using Luminar 4 for all my editing. I already have Luminar 4 which has great functions but in comparison to Lightroom, I’m sorry to say isn’t user friendly. Mainly because of its inability to fine tune the sliders without having to own an external machine or painstakingly use the mouse. As a result I have subscribed to another year of Adobe. I really though this would’ve been addressed in time for Luminar Ai which I have purchased also. Please, please, please integrate this function in your updates. Thank you.

Margaret Bright

Hi Gorav,

I have forwarded your feedback and your request to our team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how to make our software more user friendly. We appreciate it very much!

MARK VUONG

Did you hear anything back from the team when you forwarded my feedback about this 4 months ago. This issue was pre-covid. Maybe the Corona virus will die out before we get sliders. And that's me thinking on the bright side of things.

Margaret Bright

Hi Mark,

Please note that we are collecting our customers' feedback, but regrettably, we cannot always implement all the requested features right away. Some have a higher priority, some are waiting for their turn. 

At this time, I don't have an ETA on when this feature is going to be implemented.

Gajender Verma

It appears you launched a good product but now you don't know how to handle it. The adjustments with sliders makes up most of photo editing and if that does not make it to your priority list then am not sure which one does. Besides this was highlighted 2 years ago, isn't that enough time to release a patch or update.? Sorry to say this but you are too slow and very vulnerable to be out run by another competitor the moment it hits the market. Most software are able to release fixed monthly or once every quarter to maximum once a 6 month, but you are delaying not only a year but more than 2 years. That is simply an excuse and it is going to really dent your business.

Shih Roger

Hey, It's been two years; how about this tiny feature going?

I just studied the brand new Luminar Neo manual. There is still no related design for Luminar Neo.

Luminar is excellent software; I invested Luminar team by buying it long ago and thought it would flourish after several years. However, the inhumanity is the annoying slider controls which can only be dialed via pressing the mouse key and drag.  Moreover, the head of the slider is so small that is often easily missed while clicking it. 

You can just design a mapping function for the sliders which can be 'dialed' via mouse wheel, then those 3rd-party toolboxes can map it in their software settings. For example the product I listed below:

https://www.tourboxtech.com/en/ 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-dial/925r551sktgn?activetab=pivot:overviewtab 

If you do it as quickly as possible, believe it or not, many YouTubers or opinion leaders will try to introduce how to integrate Luminar with XXXXXbox. 

I hope you know that Luminar is a great product. It is worth integrating it with the most modern artist devices.

Roger

Kate Williams

Hi Roger,

This isn't on our most recent roadmap since we have some larger projects in front of us, but it's definitely on the team's radar. I've shared your comment with our product team and highlighted the value of this feature. Thanks!

Matthieu Moingt

Hi Kate,
    If after 4 years it is still not on your roadmap we can assume it will never be. I bought both luminar 4 and AI and was pretty happy with it to the exception of the sliders fail. Seeing how obvious issues reported by consumers are not considered by skylum I am glad I did not buy other software from the company. Will go back to lightroom but I realize skylum does not care since they already got my money. Have a nice day.

Please sign in to leave a comment.