Support for CR3 flie extension

Comments

53 comments

Patrick Spapen

Hello I'm surprised and terribly disappointed to see that Raw files from my Canon M50 are not usable on Luminar. I would have never bought the software if I had known that.

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Patrick! We are working on it, these are not just words. We are constantly adding new cameras support and will do our best to do it as soon as possible.

Kasper Rugård Thomsen

@Anastasia do you have an ETA on when you'll bring support for the CR3 files?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Kasper,

We don't have an ETA on CR3 support at this time.

Ole Kristian Valle

The software seem to be nice but as long as CR3 isn't supported I will not buy it. Maybe you have an option to be added to a mailinglist so that we can be notified when you do support CR3

Timothy Hulme

I to am frustrated by lack of support for CR3 in Luminar and On1 Photo Raw. My processors of Choice. I convert to dng for now but always feel something is missing. Hate being tied to Adobe in any way shape or form. Just found out Adobe changed their Photography plan, 19.99 per month now if you want to use the desktop version of Lightroom. Fine with me, they won't be getting my business.

Kasper Rugård Thomsen

@Timothy Hulme at least Adobe cares a little bit about their customers and actually provide support for the cameras.

This is just a farce - the CR3 format has been out for a long time now (+6 months for the EOS R camera) and yet Skylum is still just "working" on adding support.

Does the CR3 format really differs that much from previous formats or is it because Skylum just don't care about their customers anymore?

I'm out as well - too bad I actually went and bought Luminar a while ago together with Aurora HDR, so I wasted my money. Aurora HDR doesn't work with CR3 files as well in case you were wondering.

Timothy Hulme

It’s the same for ON 1 Raw as well. Since I had Capture one I been working with it but my subscription is up soon and it’s expensive to renew it. Actually CR3 has I think been around since March of 2018.

Photomechanic 5  supports it. Don’t really consider them to be a big player in all this. Don’t understand why these software vendors without support don’t just ask for help from another third party.

Vladimir Zhivolkovskiy

I also bought Luminar and very interested in CR3 support!

alain BRUNETOT

Thank you very much for your free try version.

I am Mac user.

Compare to photos

1 Photos read CR3 from Canon. 

2 Photos read geotag photos and place them on a map.

3 Other characteristics are the same

4 Photo is free

Rgds

Barry Rijpkema

Is there any news on cr3. I like Luminar and aurora, but switched to Lightroom for the last 8 months because of the lack of cr3 support. converting is to much of a hassle. So there is no urge for me to upgrade to a later version of you're products

Angela Andrieux

Hi Barry,

Our developers are working around the clock to implement the support of .CR3 file format. There are some technical difficulties, but we are investigating the best way to overcome them.

Roger Staerk

hello skylum

today the expected upgrade to luminar 3.1 was released... but what a disappointment... again, no canon CR3 support...

and I asked me what is so difficult for this feature? canon is a really big part in the photo world... and many competitors supported this new CR3 format within a few weeks or months after CR3 comes to market with the M50 camera.

the fact is, that I have to decide if I should renew my adobe lightroom abo... because in middle of may this is due for the next  year

and i hoped as many weeks ago, that luminar will bring this so necessarily feature... no luck again...

so dear skylum... how long will you hold out your customers? a few weeks? a few months? it is so ridiculous & frustrating...

kind regards

roger

Markus Ullius

Still no .cr3 support. I'm very disappointed.

Alexander Puzikov

Hi Skylum. Can you please provide an ETA for CR3 support.

I am in the software development myself and there is always a planned release with specific dates.

Your inability to provide estimate tell's me that this is non you your build map.

CR3 files ware introduced in February of 2018 we are at the middle of the May of 2019 - this is over a year.

There is a large Canon community and majority of the new Canon cameras are getting produced with CR3 format.

This is not something that can be overlooked for such extensive period of time. 

Please provide an update with timeline. 

Thank you.

Alex

Terry Rogers

Hi Alex! CR3 support is in development stage and will be added in one of our future releases, but I am not aware of the exact deadline yet. You can check our roadmap here: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap for more details.

Sanjay Mistry

Hi Skylum Team,

I recently purchased the Luminar 3 & Aurora HDR 2019 for processing images from my recent purchase of Canon M50. (Shock / horror to find out this weekend) My Application simply crashes on the Mac. Googling around brought me here. I am adding this note here to let you know that we all are "patiently" waiting the CR3 support. It would be great if you could add me to your beta-testing programme.  

Regards
    Sanjay

Helena Carter

Hi Sanjay,

I'm sorry to heat about your experience. Regarding the crashes, please, contact our Support Team via this contact form: https://skylum.com/support

Best regards

Roland Schmitz

July 1st, 2019 - over one year (!) ago I bought my M50, which writes CR3, too. Dear Skylum-Team, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

RELEASE CR3-Support as soon as possible!

By the way - latest Lumiar is still slooooooooow...

December 9th 2019, still no support for .CR3 files? I bought Aurora HDR 2019 specifically to process these files, not knowing that a file type that's been out for 18+ months, isn't supported. The file structure is now widely available, and a link was posted on this forum about 4 months ago. The M50 is currently the best selling camera in Japan, and won't be far behind in the rest of the world. It's Canon's default RAW file type now. Skylum, what's happening?

Helena Carter

We plan adding new cameras to Aurora HDR 2019 as well (CR3 format is now added to Luminar 4), however, for now there's no ETA yet for the next Aurora HDR 2019 update, Please, stay tuned.

Herbert Mueller

Luminar uses LibRaw to load Raw files. In the new beta of LibRaw, CR3 is NOW supported:
    https://www.libraw.org/news/libraw-0-20-beta1

Margaret Bright

Hi Herbert,

You are right - .CR3 file format is now supported by Luminar 3 and Luminar 4.
    Unfortunately, it is not yet supported by Aurora HDR.

Please sign in to leave a comment.