Damn - DAM again

Comments

36 comments

Randy Sesser

"The DAM will be a free update for Luminar 2018, and it will be included by default in the 2019 version."

Their latest marketing speak makes no mention of specific versions which will get the DAM for free.

"Skylum plans to offer the new DAM free to anyone who owns a current version of Luminar."

A current version. The gives them some wiggle room. What happens when 2019 comes out before they release the DAM?

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

@Randy - The DAM will be a free update for all Luminar 2018 users.

John Clark

I'm in the same boat as Peter Holka.  I bought Lumina 2018 expecting a DAM months ago.  I haven't used it (still paying Adobe's monthly fee) and it's going to be left behind in favor of Luminar 2019 long before I get any value.  I feel like I wasted my money.  

I think a free upgrade for those who bought Lumiar 2018 based on promises would be in order.  Adding a free DAM update to a product that will be left behind is not a good solution.

If Luminar 2018 will continue to receive real bug-fix updates for at least a year after the DAM is actually released, that would work in my opinion.  

Michael Lieder

I think i will bye Lightroom now because i think the DAM will not be released this year. Maybe the DAM will ne released in one, two or three years...who knows. Who cares...! I cannot and i will not wait for it anymore! Adobe ftw 😂

Julian Fricker

I just upgraded to a Nikon D7500 and now found out that it isn't supported by Aperture. Not sure what to do at this point, jump ship to Lightroom or use Adobe's DNG converter to make my images compatible with Aperture.

I alos realised that I've now lost the ability to tether, which lightroom can handle. Was there ever any mention of Skylum adding the ability to tether to their DAM?

Steve Adams

I've given up on Skylum's promises and returned my focus to what's worked for me in the past. I guess I'll check in every now and then out of curiosity... after all the hype about what's coming, I'm curious to see what they finally release. They'd have to come up with God's gift to photography before I'd give them any more money though.

The 2019 version? We're two-thirds done with 2018, that version isn't as promised yet, and they're talking about 2019? Seriously?

Later!

Please sign in to leave a comment.