Updates Suggestion

Comments

12 comments

Guy Meacham

Sadly I've given up on the communication ever improving and don't check in here much anymore either. I've mostly stopped using Luminar too which is a shame. It's great if you want to just load an image and click a preset but if you want to do more than that there are just too many little things in Windows that are not available or don't work as they should :(

Comment actions Permalink
    Anton Zvanut

This is getting to be critical: in this forum some months ago a consolation answer would follow such post of desperation. Now the original post is 2 days old, but the regular consolation response is still missing. Aiaiai!  

Angela Andrieux

Tom, Guy, & Anton,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I wanted to give you more than the consolation reply of "soon" which I know you are tired of hearing.

Instead I will share with you an article recently published by our company president Scott Bourne about Skylum and what is coming for Luminar: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/its-time-re-think-your-post-processing-workflow-scott-bourne/

I know this won't answer all of your questions, but it will hopefully give you a glance at what we've been working on and what is coming.

Tom Pickering

Angela -

Well, that's nice.  Why can't your president address our concerns?  I saw nothing about the lack of parity between the Mac and PC versions.  I only see that the DAM won't be what we expect as a Lightroom replacement and will likely require us to accept a new paradigm.  I'm less hopeful now than I was when I started this thread. d:¬{|

Denis Kotsee

We're very well aware of the current situation with parity, and we're working towards bringing the Windows version to the same level at which the Mac version is. We have priorities though. Currently they are the DAM, and making sure that, when we release it, it integrates into the existing Luminar and Aurora workflow well. Our priorities dictate what we spend the most of our time on. As much as we'd love to please everyone at once, there are some things that will have to wait.

Guy Meacham

Denis thanks for you candor, so can you or Angela please address the questions I asked in my thread what happens to 2018 windows users when 2019 comes out and if we can expect any more updates (beside the DAM) to be included in the 2018 version.

Thanks.

Denis Kotsee

We're going to release a few more updates for the 2018 version that will bring the Mac and Windows versions to parity. The upgrade to the new version (2019) will come at a discounted price for owners of the previous versions, as usual.

Tom Pickering

So, you're promising parity before 2019 is released, correct?

Angela Andrieux

@Tom

As Denis said "We're going to release a few more updates for the 2018 version that will bring the Mac and Windows versions to parity." - so I'm pretty sure that means the answer to your question is yes. :)

Anton Zvanut

I am really worried now: is Skylum eating up it's promises? 

I guess that the answer to Guy Meacham's question is defined in the table that can be found on this link: "https://skylum.com/luminar/pc-mac". I understand that items marked there by "yes" are included or are someday going be  included in L18 by due updates.

Said that my concern goes to the item "Adobe Photoshop Elements plugin" which is marked "NOT Applicable". I would swear that at the time I purchased L18 there was a "yes" because this function was one of my motives to acquire L18 and I missed it right at the L18 installation. I immediately referred to support and learned from the email response that the function is not implemented yet and that it will come soon in an free of charge update. So - I started waiting for the updates to come.  

Now is seems that I am not going to get the function in L18, Even more, does "NOT applicable" mean that Skylum changed development plans and that this function is not going to be included in any version of Luminar?

Kind regards,

Jill Edwards

The link to the LinkedIn article does no good unless you have a LinkedIn account. I trashed mine last year.

I agree with others--make it available elsewhere or send it as an email to users.

Thanks.

Angela Andrieux

The article has since been published on Skylum's blog: https://skylum.com/blog/its-time-rethink-your-postprocessing-workflow

Please sign in to leave a comment.