Comments

18 comments

Barry Komar

I couldn't agree more with Joerg.
    Adding Loupedeck Keyboard support would go a long way to softening the pain of waiting for Luminar's asset management functionality.

I hope to see it soon!

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Brannon

The day Luminar 3 supports Loupedeck+ is the day I buy both products. Huge backlog of photos to organize and edit and there is no way I'm paying Adobe in perpetuity for that. I really hope the file management component continues to be developed beyond the initial started feature set. Looking forward to using your product.

Verlon Smith

@Julia Kot 6 months prior to this post, you noted that you were working on Loupedeck support. Since then, the long-delayed Luminar 3 with Libraries has shipped without Loupedeck Support.  

Worse, it is not on on your roadmap page for 'coming features,' which I would take to mean that the additions is further out that that.  I'd thought, based on your awarding a Loupedeck as a prize in a Luminar Photo contest last spring, that it would be showing up soon.  Later, I thought it would be in Luminar 3.  After all, you'd already integrated into Aurora HDR.  You knew how to solve this exact problem.  It was just a bunch of CMD-C and CMD-V.    Given how minimalist you went with organizational features, this would have been something to differentiate you from on1 and DXO.  I want to like Luminar.  I really do.  You have been making this exceptionally difficult for me. 

Julia Kot

Hi Joerg,

We are working on this at this very moment :) 

We will add Loupedeck Keyboard Support in future. However, no ETA yet

Lee Roy

Any update on the Loupedeck+ support for Luminar 2018?

Anastasia Davis

@Lee Roy We are doing our best but we are focused on Luminar 3 update with libraries at the moment. Stay tuned!

Verlon Smith

Starting to think I would be better off asking Apple to update Photos.

Brian Monahan

31 May 2019

Any news on Loupedeck+ support for Luminar 3

It's been a while since you said it was coming .

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brian,

No specific ETA yet as performance and stability of Luminar 3 are the current priorities for our developers.

Jay Altman

Bueller? Bueller?  Maybe your PR department should be a little less aggressive in promoting features that get people excited when they are so far out they are essentially vaporware.

Helena Carter

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your feedback. I will forward it to the person in charge.

Verlon Smith

Over a year after “working on it at this very moment,” and still not even on the roadmap?

In the time since that announcement:
    Apple showed off a new Mac Pro.
    Apple began offering Vega graphics on MacBook Pro
    Apple went to 32gb of ram on the MacBook Pro
    Luminar Libraries was finally released
    Lightroom’s biggest competitor sent me a half off coupon.
    A prominent American Politician told a truth.

The Alliance of American Football created a new football league in the US.
    The Alliance of American Football folded.
    Canon and Nikon both released mirrorless cameras.
    Canon and Nikon and Sony all updated firmware to those mirrorless camera.
    DJI got into the action camera market.
    A professional model tried hitting on me.
    There was a blizzard just south of Purgatory.

Exactly what “never gonna happen” event are you guys going waiting on?

Kate Williams

Hi Verlon, 

I do realize that this delay must be causing frustration, but I would like to assure you that our team never stops improving Luminar, its stability, performance, fixing the existing issues and adding new essential features.

We are working hard to deliver a better product with each update and listening to all of your requests, that is why this feature has been added to the backlog. While it has not been implemented immediately, as other features were prioritized, I can state with confidence that we are not laying this request aside and our techs will surely add this functionality in the future. We'd highly appreciate your understanding on this matter. 

Maurie Hill

Come on guys....  We all want to get a Loupedeck+ to fix your crappy, inconsistent menu structure.

I use Luminar, Aurora and Snapheal. Now I want to get Loupedeck on all of them

A bit of hustle please

Verlon Smith

@Maurie Hill
    Hustle? Oh, that ship has long since sailed. They say L4 this year. Maybe Loupdeck support will be in there. Hopefully they got the release date right.

Ionut Orascu

I have payed my fee for Luminar 3 few months ago... Since that moment I use it less than 1 hour due to lack of professional workflow which normally help you to improve working time for events with hundred's of photos.
    More than that, I cannot use my Loupedeck with it, making this potential competitor to LR completely useless for big projects.
    Still, I preferred to not ask for refund and waiting for speed and workflow improvement, but more than that for compatibility with editing console.
    So, Skylum, please let us using our products as intended and more than that, do a service to you keeping us as future customers providing at least a honest answer about Luminar 3 / 4 compatibility with Loupedeck.
    Thanks in advance!

Brian Monahan

it has been three months since I asked last about Luminar 3 and LoupeDesk+ 

I see that Luminar 4 will soon be here and I have already purchased it,

Can I expect that it will include Loupedeck+ support ?

thanks

Brian Monahan

Verlon Smith

@Brina Monohan

We can hope.  But I still don't see it on the roadmap or in the list of features, so "expect" is not a word I would use.

Please sign in to leave a comment.