Comments

10 comments

Denis Kotsee

Filters in workspaces always load in open state. You can click Filters > Collapse all after loading your workspace, that should do the trick.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tom Murray

Yes that's the problem. Two unnecessary clicks every time.

Why should I need to choose my workspace and collapse the filters every time I open Luminar?

There should be a simple preference as in Photoshop, Bridge etc.

Or even open to the previous state when closed.

Denis Kotsee

I see what you mean. Well, this is a good suggestion. If we're going to incorporate it, we'll have to find a way of doing so without creating clutter or additional toolbars/panels/etc. We want to preserve the simplicity in Luminar's interface. Adding a setting isn't an issue per se, it only becomes one when implemented improperly.

Tom Murray

Ok, I just solved one issue. Just set your workspace as default.

Now, if only I could include collapsed filters as part of the workspace.

Robert Garnett

It is a matter of terminology Tom & Denis. When you set your default workspace it saves what it sees. But there are two ways to collapse all filters. When you have your favourite filters in the workspace you want to use as your default, go to Filters>Single View Mode then select Set as Default. Next time you open you will have a list of your selected filters in an uncluttered list, which is what I presume you want.

Tom Murray

Yes, that is it and it has the advantage of showing only one filter at a time as in Lightroom. Thanks.

Now if I could resolve this issue.

Blaine Luther

Re response from Robert, is this for Mac only?    When I try on PC, there is no "Filters - Single View Mode".   

Blaine

Angela Andrieux

Hi Blaine,

Unfortunately, yes. However, we'll bring this to the Windows version in a future update.

Carlos Garza

Hi. 

I am using a workspace similar to the Professional, it is a personalized workspace that I call Landscape2. I select the photo that I am going to edit, I select the personalized workspace, I make the adjustments. I exit the editing mode, return to edit mode and the name of the workspace says Professional, although with the same Landscape2 filters. The software should keep calling it Landscape2, that confuses me believing that I use the Professional workspace.

Luminar 3.1.0.

Thanks.

GEORGE GEORGOPOULOS

This software has some great features but my goodness does it have some deficits.

Please sign in to leave a comment.