Aurora HDR is Better Than Ever

Comments

23 comments

Aleksandr Vaysberg

Still the same OpenGL 3.3 problem. It was 2 months ago with the Luminar (OpenGL 3.3) and now Aurora has the same problem.

I just updated my Windows 7 Aurora to the latest version and now it stopped working. Asking for new OpenGL 3.3 or higher. 

Guys, I believed that this problem has been fixed already. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Hardisty

…..and yet you still haven't sorted out the vastly inferior interface controls for Top and Bottom Tuning that we Windows users have to put up with compared to the MAC version. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's a control that's unusable in it's present state and I and others Windows users have been complaining about this right from the release of Aurora 2018.

AND STILL SKYLUM WILL DO NOTHING TO SORT IT OUT.

Mike Hardisty

I've just noticed that the Windows version still hasn't got the facility to use plugins either.

Michael Anderson

Still missing the luminosity masking we had in previous releases.   We still do not have Preferences with the ability to save a workspace with a single view mode where only one adjustment is open at a time.   Still no edge aware brush/eraser.   

Julia Kot Kot

Alexandr, please send us your PC info to support@skylum.com. We will help you to resolve the Open GL issue. 

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
    Julia Kot Kot

Mike,

The "Set Orientation" button was not expected to be added in this patch. 

What plugins facility are you referring to? We promised to make an option to use the Windows version as a plugin to Lightroom, Photoshop. Such option is already there

Mike Hardisty

Julia I'm referring to the ability to use 3rd party plugins which is a feature of both Aurora and Luminar for the MAC Version as shown in this screen shot from the MAC version

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mike,

We are still working on 3rd party plugin integration for our Windows users. It will be added in a future update. Please note that this Aurora update was primarily for our Windows users. Mac users received some performance improvements, but all new features were specifically for our Windows users to bring the two platforms closer to parity.

Jub De

My issues with the win update
    1/ I didn't notice any speed improvement in opening a single 42.6mb raw files. It opens 22 secs where before it was less than that. How did you come up with 400% performance boost? Methodology on such test please.

2/ the tip & bottom tuning ia STILL TOTALLY USELESS! Better rename these to SIDE TO SIDE TUNING.
    These issue has been broughtba lot in the FB page and was acknowledged to have been brought to the attention of the developers.

Otoh appreciate the other additions on these update.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jub De,

I will see if I can get more info on the particulars regarding the performance boost.

As for the top/bottom tuning - it will be fixed, but I'm not sure when. In the meantime I encourage you to try adding an adjustment layer and working with the gradient mask instead. You'll have far more control over the results that way since you'll be able to modify aspects from any filter you choose rather than the few options available in Top/Bottom Tuning.

Jub De

Angela, you know what? The developers can copy the code of Luminar Bi-Color toning (vertical shift) and paate it on both the top/bottom lighting of Luminar and top/bottom tuning of Aurora. IF the vertical shift can work, why cant the horizontal shift not work on rotation 0 (zero)?

Denis Kotsee

I'm afraid it won't work that way. We would have done this if it was as easy as it sounds.

Peter Marxen

Cool that you improved Aurora. But what is with the DAM of Luminar?

Denis Kotsee

We're putting final layers of polish on it, the release date is going to be announced to the public soon.

Denis Kotsee

@Jub De

>I didn't notice any speed improvement in opening a single 42.6mb raw files. It opens 22 secs where before it was less than that. How did you come up with 400% performance boost? Methodology on such test please.

This depends on your hardware. Sadly, on Windows it might be difficult to achieve the same amount of performance boost across the plethora of configurations.

Jub De

Ugh! I am using a gaming laptop i7 7th generstion with 16gb ram and nvidia graphics 8gb. Even an NLE like da vinci resolve runs very smoothly on it. What is the confuguration of your windows computer claiming 400% performance boost. I may need to configure one.

Jub De

Denis Kotsee, are you saying then the the top/bottom horozontal shift on the winlum is how it should be? Non working on zero degree rotation and worked at its maximum at 90 degrees? 

Angela Andrieux

@Jub De - I'll see if I can provide you with the specs for the 400% speed increase claim.

As for the Top/Bottom Tuning filter, it does have a bug that we are aware of. It will be fixed, but I don't have an ETA on it quite yet.

Denis Kotsee

@Jub De the config is in the upper left corner of the images in the OP post.

Jub De

@Denus Kotsee @Andrea Andrieux tks. Saw the specs left upper corner. Do you think the specs of my gaming laptop is not enough? Acer intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 ghz, 16gb sdram ddr4, ssd256gb, nvidea geforce gtx 1050ti 4096mb. Sorry I am no tech savy regarding current specs.

Denis Kotsee

Your specs are pretty solid. I have limited access to information in the tech dept but what I know is that one of the metrics they use to measure performance is FPS. Every filter and some other items in the app have FPS counters, and our tweaks and performance improvements affect the readouts of those counters. It's not uncommon to get x700 boosts in FPS when you do some proper optimization of an item. Combined together, these optimizations produce the final number we put in our press releases.

Jub De

@Denis Kotsee Thanks for the confirmation on the specs. I only based my "slower than previous" version" by using a stopwatch using the same raw files (3 raw with upto over 46mb) before and after every update. Now 3 files takes abt 42 seconds to merge hdr where before it took less than 30 secs.

Denis Kotsee

I see, yes, that's hardly a performance improvement. We sometimes make changes to our RAW processing engine, usually optimization and adding support for new cameras. It's very possible that these changes might affect the existing functionality, i.e. optimizing one thing might slow down the other. It's an iterative process of finding out the optimal configuration between optimizations and trade-offs, an ongoing thing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.