Thumbnail Previews

Comments

6 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Wes!

Thanks for sharing this with us. 

This issue will be fixed once we release the DAM tool :) 

There you will have an option to see the thumbnails of your image files. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Marty France

I'm coming from AfterShot Pro, too.  While it now seems to have died in terms of future support, it's workflow was great--much better than what I can see in Luminar so far.  Can you point me to info about what your DAM will do once incorporated into Luminar?  My biggest issue is that having to open each file, process it, save it, then open another file independently is VERY tedious and slow.  Thanks!

Daniel Scholz

@Marty, we're still working on some features, so unfortunately I cannot give you the full list of them. However, we do reveal some functionality in our blog posts here: https://skylum.com/blog

Marty France

DAM is now available, but whenever I open a folder with Luminar, ALL of the photos in any subfolder also appear.  As stated elsewhere and mentioned by others, this is suboptimal to say the least.  All of libraries are organized with subject folders containing RAW photos and then subfolders with the processed JPEGs.  Going back to some older folders now to use Luminar to touch up and improve photos I'd process with AfterShot becomes a huge hassle.  Are you planning to fix that soon?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marty,

For now, the referenced nature of Luminar's Library is that all subfolders are indexed when you select a parent folder. Are you wishing to remove sub-folders or just not view them?

Marty France

Yes.  I'd like to see only one folder at a time--and not all subfolders.  The current structure will require me to redo quite a bit in my file structure as described above.  I don't understand why ALL subfolders would automatically open when a parent is indexed.

Please sign in to leave a comment.