Luminar AI stopped exporting changes to Lightroom

Answered

Comments

46 comments

Mukesh Kumar

I found the problem, and with following steps it started working for me fine now!!!!

Check for Lightroom images destination location, where the tiff file is getting created by Luminar AI

While saving the changes LuminarAI creates a temp file in the same location with name “tempExif”

If the file already exist, Luminar AI dumps all the changes so just delete this file and it should start working.

This is also preventing Luminar AI to save multiple files together they should just create this temp file with   random name or add the image file name to it to fix this behavior.

Comment actions Permalink
    Rogelio Reyo

I can confirm that the solution from Mukesh Kumar is the final solution for this problem.

This problem occurred to me when I was on the middle of an edition on Luminar, my external drive got disconnected from my computer, Luminar and Lightroom just stop working and I had to restart them, after that happened this issue started to occur.

Just go and delete the temExif file and you'll be fine.

David Harley

Hello Mukesh Kumar.
    Could you please walk me through the process?
    I'm not very tech savvy.
    Do you check the LR images destination in LR or in Luminar AI?
    Where is the tempexif file located?
    I appreciated any help you can give me to this very frustrating problem.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi David,

To delete tempexif, in Lightroom, right-click your photo and choose Show in Explorer. Do you see a file called TempExif or other files that you don't recognize in the folder that opens? If there's the  TempExif, remove it and check if the issue persists.

Arturo Gonzalez

I just started having the same issue last night. I was having no issues until near the end of my edit session. I'll try the above solutions and work around.

Is Skylum working on a permanent fix for this know issue? 

Mukesh Kumar

David Harley, Sorry for late responce, I missed your question in notifications 

1. Right-click your photo in Lightroom and choose Show in Explorer

2. Sort your files and look for file name "TempExif"

3. If you find it just Delete this file.  This file gets created temporarily when user click save in Luminar AI and this is the reason you can not save multiple files from Luminar AI to Lightroom same time.

Hope this helps?

Arturo Gonzalez, I have submitted a feature request as well to Luminar team to fetch the temp file name from source file to keep them unique and avoid this issue in future. but no idea when it will get prioritize from the Luminar team.

Arturo Gonzalez

Mukesh Kumar - thank you for posting the solution. It addressed the issue. I'm able to get my photo with the edits.

Marc Maes

Mukesh Kumar - A big thanks fot posting this solution you (and many others) had in Luminar AI. I was having exactly the same problem in the new Neo version. All is saved correctly now after deleting all "tempExif" files. A big, big, big thank you.

there is no TempExif file on a mac. What file do i delete on MacOS. 

Katherine Nelson

Member,

Please try to access Luminar AI from Adobe Lightroom this way:

• Right-click on the image > Export >  LuminarAI > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to LuminarAI, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in LuminarAI your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

James Goudy

The export feature does not work in NEO.  Please fix!!!

Kate Williams

Hi James, 

Would you please clarify what exactly happens? Does the app crash/freeze when exporting? 

Do you use the software in standalone mode or as a plugin (for which host app?)? 

Still not working for me. I have to use Neo, which is good, but I am used to Luminar AI workflow. Please please fix... or else... im telling all my photography buddies to use another AI tool for edits... LOL

Kate Williams

Hi Member,

Could you try the suggestion outlined in this post? 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010799339/comments/4412997200274 

If this doesn't help, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support for assistance. 

I tried that. That's how Ive always done it. it used to work now it just doesn't do anything. Im just about to give up on this. 

Ivan Azure

Hi Member,

It would be more effective to continue the troubleshooting session via support@skylum.com 

Please sign in to leave a comment.