Luminar AI stopped exporting changes to Lightroom

Answered

Comments

40 comments

Ray Roper

One further note on this problem: I also have Luminar 4 installed, and it is working normally when opened and operated in the same manner described above.

Comment actions Permalink
    Katherine Nelson

Hi Ray,

Please make sure the image does not exceed 15000px on the long edge as there is a limitation for such pictures in our apps.

Let's also try to reinstall the plugin:

1. Make sure Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your PC before proceeding. 
    2. Right-click the Luminarᴬᴵ icon > Run As Administrator.
    3. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom.
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Right-click the Luminarᴬᴵ icon > Run As Administrator.
    7. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Install Plugins.
    8. Click Install next to Lightroom.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse, and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Ray Roper

I did all this in the exact sequence described, and the problem remains unchanged.

Helga Rowles

Hi Ray,

Does the issue occur when you send a photo to Luminar following the steps below?
    Right-click the image and choose Export (instead of Edit in) > Luminar AI Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments. 

If the issue persists, please reach us at http://skylum.com/support so we can further investigate it.

Volker Weppert

Hi, I did get same problem as described by Ray since few days ago. I followed inctruction Katherine told without any changes at the issue.

The workaround with "Export" is working....but this is no nice solution.

Luminar 4 still works with "Edit"

Could you please forward troubleshooting in this thread please?

Ray Roper

The "Export" workaround does work for me as well. I guess I can live with that, but it seems like there should be a solution to the problem with "Edit in.' Up until just a few days ago that was working just fine. So in that sense, the problem does persist.

Ray Roper

OK, so I go to http://skylum.com/support and cannot for the life of me figure out how to enter a troubleshooting case. There is a Download, User Guide, and FAQ sections for Luminar AI, but nowhere I can find to enter an actual problem.

Helga Rowles

Hi Ray,

Please scroll down the page until you see the form as in the screenshot below:

Enter your contact details and select a request category. In your case, that would be "Technical Support".

Choose the app (Luminar AI) > you will see the list of the frequently asked questions > scroll down until you see "Didn’t find the answer to your question? Click here."

Ray Roper

OK, thanks. That helps. And done.

Volker Weppert

Could you forward the solution of investigation in these thread please? Dont´t think you need additional issue case, isn´t it?

Marcel Valeta

Hey, I'm having the exact same trouble, Hopefully Ray can Clarify if the solution did work.

Ray Roper

Katherine Nelson's solution of deleting and then reinstalling the plug-in did not work. Helga Rowles' solution of using "Export" instead of "Edit in" in the Lightroom right-click menu does work and has an additional benefit of resolving a problem of Luminar AI rewriting file metadata so that the sort order in Lightroom was changed. I squawked about still not being able to use "Edit in" and was told that the "Export" solution was the recommended method of using Luminar AI as a Lightroom plug-in. That's fine with me; I just had to reprogram my brain a bit to change the habit pattern there. 

Kate Williams

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know that "Export" works for you. 

Meanwhile, we would still like to investigate why Edit in doesn't work as expected. 

Could you please send us event logs? 

1. Reproduce the issue (try to invoke the app via "Edit in")
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email at support@skylum.com 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

I am having the same issue. Windows 10 here. Luminar seems to be working fine on its own but I cant see changes in lightroom after I click apply button. No processing is happening and I am back to square 1 with my photo. Please let me know the solution.

Kate Williams

Hi Member, 

Have you tried the solutions/workarounds outlined in this thread? 

Namely, I'm referring to my colleague's suggestion to invoke the plugin this way: 

Right-click the image and choose Export (instead of Edit in) > Luminar AI Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments. 

Also, I'd appreciate it if you could send us event logs following the steps that I wrote in the comment just above yours. 

Hi Kate, I have tried opening my pictures through export/edit a copy with lr adjustments. Once I click apply I can see a progres bar processing my photo. Right after that luminar AI closes and I am left with lr and no copy of photo with luminar adjustments.

How can I upload logs? Any email adress?

Elena O'Brien

Hi Member,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support sending the event logs and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Ray Roper

Suddenly as of this morning (worked fine yesterday) I am now having the same problem as "Member" above. Export with LR adjustments had been working just fine, now no longer does. Opens in Luminar AI normally, all processing seems normal, click "Apply" and get a processing progress bar for a few seconds; Luminar AI closes and puts me back in LR with no new image and no changes to the processed image. Addendum: just went back and tried "Edit with" instead of Export and now that is working, although it still has the annoying bad habit of rewriting the metadata so that the sort order in LR is changed.

Bernie Parsons

Same issue here was working fine yesterday running AI update 4 version 1.40 (8292)

The work around as mentioned above does seem to work but what a hassle it can be. any idea of the time frame for the fix?

Helga Rowles

Hi all,

@Ray and @Bernie, do I understand correctly that the issue does NOT occur when you use the Edit with command now in Update 4? Would you be so kind as to provide our support team with additional details?
    Please let us know whether Luminar AI crashes when you apply the same edits in standalone mode.
    Besides, please send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue with the plugin.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to your support request at http://skylum.com/support 
    Bernie Parsons

Ive alredy done that on july 7th but never got a response..

All the problems disappear with the latest update💪💪💪
    Thank you Skylum for listening to users of your software. Big thumb up for the whole team👍

Juri Gagarin

For me it does not work with today's updates. Both Lightroom Classic and Luminar AI are up to date.

If I use the Lightroom C function "edit in Luminar AI" there is a new TIF file in lightroom and Luminar AI opens up. After the Edit in Luminar AI I use the "apply" button. During the Export from Luminar, back to Lightroom, the TIF file disappears, then Luminar shuts down and there is no new image in Lightroom.

pls fix this

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Juri Gagarin,

Sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. Can you please contact us via https://skylum.com/support ? Will do our best to find the solution.

Juri Gagarin

Hi Helga, I did contact the support 10 days ago. No answer as of yet.

Santtu Määttänen

I have the same problem even when I launch Luminar AI directly and try to export. It just hangs in there for eternity. Re-Install didn't work..

Helena Carter

Hi Juri Gagarin,

I see that there are no tickets submitted from your current email. Please, ensure to reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we will get back to you ASAP.

Hi Santtu Määttänen,

I'm sorry you're facing this issue. I'd also ask you to contact us directly via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in the most effective way.

Juri Gagarin

Dear Helena, I started two tickets already.

Maybe its best if you contact the support directly and report back to us via the forum (https://skylum.com/support)?

Joe Thomas

This just happened to me today and I am in the middle of a 1000 photo wedding shoot edit. I've tried everything suggested and nothing is working. Has anybody have to repair figured out. 

Austin Miller

Hello Joe,

I am sorry to hear that this issue happened.

Could you please reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue?

Please sign in to leave a comment.