New Subfolders / Files do Not Appear in Luminar 4 Library

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Doug,

Thanks for joining us here!

What you've described sounds like an issue that's currently under investigation. 

To confirm that, could you clarify a couple of details, please?

- How did you add the photos? Did you move them to the new folder in Finder or use an Import feature?

- Was this catalog created before the 4.3.3 update? 

- Did you first notice this issue right after the Luminar update or after macOS Big Sur updates?

Meanwhile,  you can click File > Catalog > New and create a new catalog to work around it. Does the import work properly here? 

Comment actions Permalink
    Doug

Hi Kate - Thank you for the prompt reply (on a Saturday!)...

Yes, created the new folder and saved files into that folder using Finder.  As noted, the new folder is within an existing folder which is visible in the Luminar 4 library.

I've not been using enough recently to be confident in what change induced this, in part because is on a new Macbook that is (has always) run Big Sur...

And yes, creating a new temporary catalog and adding this folder did make the files immediately available in the Library of the new catalog.

Doug

Hi,

I have this problem now also.  Bizarrely, I created yesterday a Folder and Subfolders, moving files between them without a problem.  But today, when I want to save a file, it shows in Finder but not in Luminar 4.  Any changes I make to the Subfolder (create, delete...anything!) is reflected in both Finder and Luminar, except the file.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Helga Rowles

Hi Member,

We have discovered that this issue occurs after Big Sur updates. This issue has been fixed for Luminar AI, and we will definitely include a fix for this issue in the next Luminar 4 update.

However, although the fix will prevent the issue from happening again, it won't fix the catalog in which the issue occurred.
    Therefore, we recommend keeping working in a new catalog. To create a new catalog, go to File  > Catalog > New.

In case you need to finish important edits in the previous catalog, you can revisit it by clicking File > Catalog > Open (recent).
    Gary Rickard

The problem isn’t as simple as creating a new catalog. It involves creating a new catalog EVERY time we add a folder or photos. This known problem needs urgently fixing, not at some far distant time in the next update cycle

Katherine Nelson

Hi Gary,

Of course, we completely understand that this is just a temporary workaround. This issue has been already fixed for Luminar AI, and we will definitely include a fix for this issue in the next Luminar 4 update.

Gary Rickard

And......another month passes.  This shouldn't wait for an update cycle. It's so fundamental and renders the Luminar filing system practically unusable.

Kate Williams

Hi Gary,

The update is expected, but I can't share an exact timeframe right now. Meanwhile, I invite you to write back to our last email to you (sent from support@skylum.com). We'll see what we can do for you concerning the upgrade to Luminar AI, where the issue has already been resolved. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.