Luminar AI Update 3 — Greater Control & Compatibility

Pinned

Comments

46 comments

Tim Gillespie

I just installed update 3 on Windows and it is actually slower now and I only see the ability to add one AI Sky object, is this correct?

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

Update 3 for Windows - Version 1.3.0 (8059) seems to load a bit faster on my laptop. I love the new organized view of purchased templates. The ability to add only one sky object has not changed. As before, to add a second object would require you save and reload the photo.

Jörg Raber

Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier...

Auch bei diesen Update crasht das Programm nach der Bearbeitung des Himmels!!!!

Einmal gestartet - Abstürz - Programm stürzt beim Neustart sofort wieder ab.

Hab Ihr den gar nichts dazu gelernt und lasst uns Benutzer wieder mit den selben Problemen stehen?

Jörg

And every day the groundhog says hello...

Also with this update the program crashes after editing the sky!!!!

Once started - crash - program immediately crashes again when restarting.

Have you learned nothing at all and leave us users again with the same problems?

Michael Hanke

Hi,

in addition to Jörg, I had the same behaviour: After login, Luminar crashes. When invoking it by Photoshop it starts as slow as before ...

Edititing an image by Augmented Sky the prog crashes i. e. when trying to change sky position.

Error code and message is:

Application: Luminar AI.exe
    CoreCLR Version: 4.700.21.6504
    .NET Core Version: 3.1.12
    Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFA50EF1E3B (00007FFA50D60000) with exit code c0000005.

Michael (who loves Luminar AI most of the time ;) )

Philippe CARON

Bon déjà des bugs de démarrage et des plantages sur le ciel en particulier..... 
    et Pour certain ce n'est pas plus rapide comme on l'annonce. Alors …. Skylum n'a pas tiré les leçons des problèmes précédents.
    J'ai eu un bug inattendu sur la 1.2, luminar AI se ferme quand on clique sur Aide du programme... 
    Fameuse l'aide !
    Luminar me lamine...... 

Robert Grenader

Wow, all my issues are resolved!! My workflow is Lightroom dependant and I only use Luminar AI as a plugin. With the last update, Luminar AI 1.2whatever would load without any visible menus or tools.  Now everything is running smoothly.  

Kevin Famuyiro

It crashes and tries to redownload every time I attempt to update. Is there an ISO or exe file someone can direct me to? I've reinstalled a couple of times, but still the same thing.

Edit: Now I can't even use the installer. I try and it either crashes or never opens for me to update.

Austin Miller

Hello Tim. Would you be so kind as to specify how many images you have in the catalog? Is the launch much slower than before the update?

Hello Jörg, Michael, and Philippe. Would you be so kind as to reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we can investigate the crashing issue?

Hello Robert. We are glad to hear that everything is working fine!

Scott Ruckh

More stable than Update 2 which was a disaster (even with "special" version from Skylum), but Update 3 still crashes.  I got through one edit and exported a picture.  Went back to catalog, started editing a second picture, was in colors menu when Luminar AI just vanished from the Screen. Running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1023), with Nvidia 960 graphics board, and 16GB of RAM.  Never had such issues when running Luminar4 or LuminarAI (first edition).  Only became completely unstable with Update 2.  Was hoping update 3 would address the problem, but with a Small catalog with less than 50 pictures, it is still highly unstable.

Alina Skylum

Hello Scott Ruckh,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the problems you have been experiencing since Update 2. Let's take a closer look at this problem to see how we can eliminate it for good. First, we would kindly ask you to collect the crash log. Here is how to: 

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request: https://skylum.com/support

Look forward to hearing from you.

The update 1.3 of LuminarAI aborts during the installation with the message that something did not work. I have already tried this several times. No error message appears. The antivirus program has already been disabled. Installation of the update still does not work. Can you please help me?

Ben Rees

Hi, I’ve installed the latest update on my MacBook Air M1. Running the latest version of Photoshop on Big Sur OS.

I’m still struggling to get the plug-in to display in Photoshop. I’ve tried uninstalling and installing (with reboots in between) and the plug-in still doesn’t appear in the filter menu. Help!

Can't install the update, tried several times. Message error: My Computer seems to be offline!!?? That's ridiculous...

Can't even download the 700 MB msi installation workaround. Download stops after 250 MB.

Jörg Raber

It doesnt work!!

It crashed when I try delete Photos in the catalog, it crashed when I try edit the sky.

(I have sent the logs to the support)

Terrible software. I feel like a beta tester, sorry alpha tester, for this software.

I have now completely uninstalled LuminarAI. Then did a complete reinstall. Now it seems to work. It's a joke that you are offered an update and end up having to reinstall the entire program. All settings, templates and so on have to be set up or imported again.

Kit Monster

I am also having the same crashing issue that others are having. Ran the update this morning, and suddenly I can only edit photos for about 4 minutes before Luminar crashes completely. Like others I have noticed the crash always happens when I am attempting to use the sky replacement tool. This is really not acceptable, at least before the update I could use the software, now I can't even edit a single photo. Before you ask, I only have 15 images in my catalog so I have no reason to believe it should have anything to do with that. 

Karl Buckholtz

Luminar AI still God awful slow to load...program hangs and or crashes a good deal of the time....this is the only program I have that gives me problems on windows 10.I am back to using Luminar 4,which actually works quite well...and please don't tell me to contact support.I have done this on numerous occasions,with nary a word back....program is useless

Kate Williams

Hi Guys,

To those who're experiencing crashes with Luminar AI after Update 3, please follow the steps outlined in Alina's post above to collect the logs and submit them at https://skylum.com/support 
    Here's the link to this comment: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010735779/comments/360003142560 

We need to see what error messages are generated in the latest build and thus will report them to our devs team.

@Ben

Please ensure that you've installed the M1 version of the software via this link: http://skylum.com/download/luminar-ai-m1

Member,

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue. Please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please send us your Hosts file at support@skylum.com for review. The file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/8b91ade5057d4d3192c933fbd025f9f5  

Ben Rees

Kate Williams - Thank you, this worked a treat :)

Andreas Schwalm

SKY WATER REFLECTIONS ARE GONE AND PICTURE SETTINGS ARE SILENTLY CHANGED WITH LUMINAR AI UPDATE 3!!!

I'm really disappointed with Update 3 of Luminar AI...
    In Update 2, I changed the sky and added water reflections in one of my pictures, but with Update 3, the reflections are gone, completly!
    Please find the picture as shown in Update 2 (with sky water reflections):

And in Update 3 (sky water reflections are gone):

Besides that, Update 3 silently(!) changed my original picture settings:

1. The Enhance AI setting "Accent AI" was changed from 50 to 49 without a warning, and I needed to correct it back to 50, manually!
    2. Also, the Sky AI setting "Vertical Offset/Position" was changed from 10 to 9, and even after correcting it back to 10, the sky now is in a different vertical position!
    3. And the whole picture is now lighted differently, flatter, with less contrast!

I cannot use Update 3 with this behavior.

I'm really sad, as I hoped to get an improved version of Sky AI with Update 3, but now it got worse :(

Please provide me a download link to the previous version of Luminar AI Update 2 (version 1.2.0) so I can restore my picture!

Kate Williams

Hi Andreas,

Please reach out to support at https://skylum.com/support and provide the following information so we could investigate it: 

1. The original file you were working with:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

2. The history of edits (you can screenshot the History tab): https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/history 

As far as your request is concerned, here's the link to revert to 1.2.0: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_1_2_0_Release_7855.msi

Andreas Schwalm

Dear Kate,

Thank you very much for your fast response, much appreciated! I'll do as you advised.

Also, thank you very much for the link to 1.2.0, this will help me out, meanwhile.

Best regards,
    Andreas

Philippe CARON

Par honnêteté et pour encourager ceux qui doutent, je fais part de mon expérience de mise à jour de L AI 1.3 sur un système Win 10 Insider.
    Installation rapide et sans accrocs
    Puis fonctionnement en standalone et en plugin de photoshop  sans bugs.
    J'ai du mal à croire ....   Espérons que les bugs ne surviennent pas de façon aléatoire comme avec la 1.2.
    Sinon cette maj me semble plus rapide, donc je souhaite que les soucis rencontrés par certains se résolvent rapidement et que Skylum produise une version plus stable de cette 1.3

EMMANUEL FIANDINO

Updates follow one another and crashes continue. Nothing new on the horizon. We're told it's faster ... but it's not true. I hesitate to switch to Lightroom ... pay more but with a product that works

Kit Monster

I rolled back to version 1.2 and am no longer experiencing crashing. However, the installer you provided for version 1.2 did not include an option to install my Photoshop and Lightroom plugins, so I'm not thrilled about the break in my work flow. 

Helena Carter

Hi Kit,

Please, reach us out via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you with that.

Josh Hsiao

When I open luminar ai, there are some folder that I deleted from my file system but still in luminar ar folder.
    I try to remove from luminar ai but it come back if I reopen luminar ai. also I can't add any image or folder. until V1.3, there are still a lot of bugs.

Kate Williams

Hi Josh ,

Please drop our support team a message about this at https://skylum.com/support 

In your request, please make sure to specify where your images used to be stored and include the screenshot of Luminar's Catalog tab.

Simon Prosen

Hi, a windows user here.

Where is the ability to group RAW Files + JPEG?
    I´m, also missing to ability to change a catalog?!

I think to remember these things when i bought this application... These are basic things.

Austin Miller

Hello Simon,

You can group RAW and JPEG images. Please click on View > RAW + JPEG pairs and select the preferable sorting.

If you would like to change the catalog, click on File > Catalog > Open/New Catalog. This will allow you to either open the previously used catalog or create a new one.

Please sign in to leave a comment.