REFUND QUESTION!

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Katherine Nelson

Hi Suzanne! I've already replied to you via email. Please check your inbox. 

Comment actions Permalink
    B Marchant

They havent responded to me either.  They sold the Aurora software knowing it wouldnt work with CR3 files and didnt warn anyone.  I warned the two folks that I relied on that recommended the software with a bit older videos so they didnt know.  

Agatha Winter

Hi B Marchant,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with our software!

Please note that we usually reply within 24 hours, it could be more or less depending on the number of incoming requests. 

As far as I can see, our support team has already replied to your refund request. Please check your inbox. Keep an eye on the Spam folder as well. 

B Marchant

But Skylum is not sorry enough to place a warning on their Aurora software that it will not work with CR3 files.  I see people have been complaining about it for years but it is still sold without warnings.  I should think that falls under bad business practice. I see that Skylum doesnt respond to BBB complaints.  Maybe they will if folks report to their state attorney generals consumer protection offices.  I have yet to hear back on my refund.

Katherine Nelson

Hi,

I've double-checked our system and it shows that our support agent has already replied to you on Aug 5. Could you specify if you have checked your Spam folder?

Tim Horne

Yes, customers have been complaining for years but Skylum does not seem to care. Aurora HDR is actually a great piece of software but I decided to change camera systems and now Aurora won't open my FujiFilm X-T3 files. This is such a shame, Skylum had A LOT of promise but decided to go in a "different" direction. Had I been aware of this, I would have stopped purchasing from them. "Fool me once, shame on them", but they won't fool me again.

They kept referring myself as well as many others back to using Adobe software to convert our files, so I did and just decided to stay with Adobe with the addition of some great Luminosity Masking tools. Now I have even more in-depth control over my photos than these pieces of software. Also, On1 is looking to have some promise as well. 

What I really don't get is that Luminar AI supports all the new camera formats, so they know how to do it. They just decided to stop caring for all of us who have invested in their software over the years. I remember when these forums used to be rich with support, but now they just want you to email them with issues instead of possibly helping others. I wonder what they have to hide.

Why do I keep coming back to these forums? I guess I hope they change their ways but alas it doesn't seem to be of any consequence. I did really like Aurora! But, oh well!

Please sign in to leave a comment.