Native version of Luminar AI for Apple M1

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Kirk Osborn

Hi! We are planning to release the native support on the M1 chips in one of the following updates. LuminarAI owners will receive this version for free. 

Comment actions Permalink
    SenorGuz

I just bought it last night for my M1 MacBook Pro completely forgot to see if it was supported beforehand. SMH

Brian Greenway

Is this why I can't see Tiff files in my L AI catalog?

thanks.

Willem Pit

Bought Luminar AI a few weeks ago for my MacBook Air M1. 
    It runs smoothly.

Helga Rowles

Hi Brian Greenway,

Luminar AI should be working with the M1 chips without any issues thanks to Rosetta 2.
    Please try creating a new catalog (File > Catalog > New) to see if the issue persists there.

If it does, could you please provide our support team with the TIFF images with which the issue occurs?

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 
    Brian Greenway

Hi Helga.

Thanks.   Well I set up a new catalogue as you suggested  and it was successful in loading my Fuji Raw files, and editing them, whereas in my main catalogue the files displayed only as black squares.

Interesting.

Once again, thanks for  your quick response.

Brian

ps... still keep working an a native m1 version.

Helga Rowles

Thanks for the update!
    I'm glad to hear that creating a new catalog helped.

We will definitely release a native M1 version of Luminar AI soon, stay tuned.

Please sign in to leave a comment.