Luminar AI not seeing images in folder

Answered

Comments

14 comments

Cliff Bramlett

Attempting to create another folder, then Import from the original folder into the new one results in "Creating Image Gallery" loading message that never completes.

Comment actions Permalink
    Cliff Bramlett

Update: Attempted the solution given in these forums for other users seeing similar issues, but now Luminar crashes to desktop while attempting to load photo thumbnails.

Steps taken:

1. Closed Luminar AI
    2. Renamed catalog folder
    3. Renamed Luminar AI catalog
    4. (backed up and) deleted cache folders

It is frankly ridiculous that there is no error handling to manage a catalog that is slow to load. This and the general instability speaks to the coding behind the scenes, and I am quite close to requesting a refund.

Cliff Bramlett

Had to reverse the above attempt to fix in order to get the catalog to work at all again.

Tried creating a completely empty catalog to import the new folder and images, with no success. Even on the empty catalog, Luminar would not see the JPG files in either the selection window or in the catalog after importing. Shows 0 in the folder, despite the folder containing 90.

Did someone forget to turn on support for JPGs in this update??

Katherine Nelson

Hi,

Please reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could take a closer look at the issue you have encountered. 

LEAH BOLER

I have the exact same issue! 

Cliff Bramlett

Do you guys even read these posts before saying to use the support form? I specifically said I was not interested in playing email tag, and want the answer to be available here for others who might have the same issue, which, looking at comments, they obviously are.

Agatha Winter

Hi Cliff,

It would help us a lot if you could clarify some additional details: 

1. Where is this folder located? (internal, external drive)

2. Does it include any other files except your photographs?

3. Does the issue occur only with this one particular folder or not? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cliff Bramlett

1. The folder on which this occurred was on an external Sabrent Thunderbolt drive. However, I also tried on my main, internal SSD. My system is an Intel NUC 8 (Skull Canyon) i7. The external drive is the Sabrent Thunderbolt 1 TB drive.

2. It only included JPG files from a Pixel phone. I double checked to ensure none of them were animated.

3. The issue occurred on both the external and internal drives identically. There was one point in which I only had two files in the internal folder (didn't try on the external) and those photos showed up, but adding the rest of them caused the error to occur again.

Austin Miller

Hello Cliff,

Could you please provide us with a couple of files for the test?

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 
    Cliff Bramlett

You mean a couple of the JPGs? If so, despite my earlier reservations for email, wouldn't that be a simpler transfer method?

Alina Skylum

Hello Cliff Bramlett,

In such case, yes, please, attach a couple of JPGs to your e-mail response :)

Joseph Nestor

Same issue here still, as of June 30th. The Luminar "Catalog" has created folders for all of my images that live on my internal hard drive, but there are no images in them. All the images are viewable on LRC, Photoshop, and Mac Preview. It's just that Luminar does not see them. They are dng's, jpg's, ARW, and TIFF's. None of them are showing up in the Luminar catalog. I'm not going to jump through any hoops to upload or click here or research here type of thing. I don't have time for that. Once this product is fully functional I'll use it, until then I am going to ignore it. I really don't use the catalog anyway. I simply edit in LrC and then use the plugin to edit in Luminar AI, and then it saves right back in my LrC catalog. I recommend pulling this Luminar Catalog feature all together until it is ready for the consumer.

John Turnbull

Luminar Ai not displaying any photo that I add via single photo.  I have tried jpg, psd, screenshot, png all I get is a black box where the photo should be.  I am on Luminar ai update 4 - can anyone help, thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.