Canon R5 Raw Files

Answered

Comments

24 comments

Katherine Nelson

Hi Steve! Please reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could take a closer look at this issue.

Comment actions Permalink

I am having the same issue, did you ever get a resolution ?

Steve Pears

Skyline confirmed that it was a known fault and that they would eventually have a fix.

Steve Pears

Sorry for the spell correction, it should read Skylum 

Thank you for your follow up. Guess I'll just have to wait it out

Steve Pears

I work around it by converting the .CR3 files to .DNG using the free Adobe converter. It's inconvenient but it works.

I see that version 3 update came out today, but this problem still persists 

Steve Pears

From the response from Skylum I wasn’t expecting that the fix would be in this next release, their suggestion was that it may be in version 4

version 4? wow i find that pretty unacceptable for a camera that’s been out for almost a year and that is still listed as a supported camera with no disclaimer 

Steve Pears

I was very surprised and disappointed. It does work with some .CR3 files e.g. from the Canon M6Mk2, but not from the R5.

I also use Affinity Photo, this was updated a few months ago and works well with files from the R5

Chuck Gillespie

I am having the exact same issue with Canon CR3 raw files (EOS R5). Opening the raw images in the edit module before making any adjustments look terrible. But here is an interesting note. If you export the raw images from Lightroom Classic directly into Luminar AI they look just fine. I guess it is a work around for now. I hope they get this fixed soon.  I am using Windows 10 64 bit.

Steve Pears

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the information, I now find that exporting from Apple Photos directly into Luminar AI works

Steve Pears

Just got 1.4.0 upgrade, no fix for Canon R5 files, what a disappointment. Also I was wrong about exporting from Apple Photos, some images seem ok but some are very poor

Stuart Smith

If you use Luminar AI as a plugin with Lightroom Classic, it gets exported to Luminar AI as a TIFF file which Luminar can handle. 

I only bought it yesterday and still see this isn't fixed.

Very frustrating.

Austin Miller

Hello Stuart,

Our tech department is still working on a fix for this issue.

Please stay tuned!

Matt Orth

“Please stay tuned”, is that really the best you can do?

How about Neo, will it handle these files?

Austin Miller

Hello Matt,

Our developers are working around the clock to bring the full support of Canon EOS R5 photos. We will keep you updated.

Matt Orth

Wow, your developers must be really tired, they’ve been “working round the clock” on R5 files for at least a year now!

(FYI, you might want to retire that phrase)

I’ll assume that’s a no.  But your promo materials for Neo list the R5 as a supported camera.  So it is yes or no?  And if it’s no, why are you misrepresenting it in your Neo sales drive?

Stuart Smith

I find it really strange that pretty much every other photo editing software can do this but Luminar can't. Using Luminar as a plugin for lightroom is just too slow.

When I purchased Luminar AI it was listed as natively supported, then it wasn't. Fast forward to now we are still waiting for native support and skylum is working on NEO. We'd be naive not to think the update for our R5 file for older software isn't going to be pushed back, as skylum is pushing its latest and greatest NEO. 

Matt Orth

Austin Miller, you didn’t answer my question.  Let me rephrase it:

Will Neo support Canon R5 files the day it is released?  Please choose one of the following answers.

Yes

No

Elena O'Brien

Hi Matt Orth,

Our techs have confirmed that the fix for the issue with Canon EOS R5 files is ready and will ship together with other improvements in a new update of Luminar AI that's coming soon. 
    So yes, the support should be implemented in the new Luminar Neo on the day of its release.

Brandon Licke

Hello all, 

Does that all imply for the canon Eos 90D? I’m new here but had skylum as a member for 4-5 months and I  haven't been able to use it, access my membership without having to not view my profile/ membership status & billing, etc. its very frustrating and the online support do not help me at all and does nothing for my problem.

Please sign in to leave a comment.